Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Easter Time

 Hi Everyone,


It was Palm Sunday this past weekend, which means it's Holy Week on the Christian calendar.  It's the week where Christians remember and prepare their hearts for Easter Sunday, and DRS Designs has this new Holy Week Religious Icons stamp that pays homage to to this time of the year. 

I stamped it twice, die cutting the one image and then coloring and fussy cutting the second, adding the little images with some dimensional foam tape.  It seemed perfect for a square card, so I made one that was 4 1/4" x 4 1/4".  A punched scalloped border, attached some lace ribbon, and a few enamel dots  to finish it off.




I kept with the gold and purple color combo and made this CAS Easter card.  The card base was stamped using the Splatter Background stamp, and I chose the classic Swiss Dot dry embossing folder for my background.  I die cut the new Hope is the Greatest Gift of Easter Greeting, along with the enamel dot embellished die cut cross.  A colored flower that was fussy cut from the Flower Border stamp was added to complete the look.



 
And finally, here is a quick photo of my Easter dinner place cards that I made using the new Chick in Nest stamp.  Can you tell I was practicing my coloring? They're all slightly different!  There are only 5 of us this year, but it's better than last year, which was only 3.  I'm praying that everyone will comfortable gathering in a big group next year!



Happy Easter stamping Friends!

Have a lovely week :)
Karin





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails