Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Oktoberfest and Thanksgiving

  Hi Everyone,



My first card is a nod to my German heritage!  I'm a first generation American and once September rolls around, all the clubs here in the Cleveland area start with their Oktoberfest celebrations.  I'm not even joking when I say my dad, LITERALLY goes to ALL of them.  Me?  I've never been to one.  Even one time.  Anyway, I'm celebrating with my card today!



The background was made to look like the German flag and I stamped a row of Small Beer Mugs, doing a bit of masking to make the line, and the new Brew-tiful Day Greeting was a perfect completion to the card.






Here I paired the new Tipsy Turkey image and the Get Basted Greeting.  I can't help but think of the college students that all come home for Thanksgiving, and gather for a reunion night on that Wednesday with their friends.






And since I had the Small Beer Mug stamp still on my table from the last card, I added it for embellishment here too. 


Cheers to you and a happy autumn season and whatever holidays you celebrate!



Cheers!
Karin


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails