Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hello and Hugs

Edit: I forgot to thank folks for voting in my goofy Charlie Brown poll. My husband won bragging rights...He likes the Great Pumpkin, I'm for the Thanksgiving Special...I guess no one likes the Easter one!

Good Morning Friends!

Well, today is my day to get caught up on things at home, so that I can craft over the weekend. I have been running around doing everything that got neglected in recent weeks. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten (is that a word? It looks weird typed out!) to do the housework things yet...My husband will be wearing PJ's to the office if I don't do laundry soon. LOL!

I took my Aunt Inge (pronounced In-ga) out to lunch and shopping for her birthday yesterday. She is 78 yrs. old (young) and you would never guess it. The same can be said for my neighbor Betty. She is 84 and I always tell her "I want to be you when I grow up!" There are so many people I am inspired by and grateful for in my life. I try to keep it in perspective that relationships are what matter; Pretty much everything else is just junk.

(I am writing this to make myself feel better for letting my house be dirty, but maybe you can use the reminder too.)

This card is the last of my swaps from the past month. This was Vera's offering and I am looking forward to sending it to my friend in California. I like the fall colors in the striped paper a lot. With the friendship theme and a Happy Thanksgiving on the inside, it's the perfect card to remind them how much they mean to me in this season focused on gratitude.


Thanks for visiting and I hope your day is filled with hugs and hellos!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails