Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Blessing Mix

Good Monday Morning,

Since this week is a holiday here in the good old USA, I wanted to show off one last fall type item. So, are you ready for a great idea for your Thanksgiving table? How about this Blessing Mix for a favor at every ones place setting? The cello bag is filled with pretzels, candy corn, nuts, dried fruit, and Bugles. I got the idea for this here, and I knew the Sketchy Leaves set from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff, over at My Grafico would be perfect for decorating this little box.

The box is my card box (minus the handle) from this post.

It's made from a piece of card stock 6 1/2" X 10".

Score the 6 1/2" side at 1". Turn paper 180 degrees and score at 1" again.
Score the 10" side at 4 1/2". Turn paper 180 degrees and score at 4 1/2" again.

You will then cut out the middle 1" tabs and fold up the remaining score lines and tape to secure.
Then just decorate as you wish.


I colored my leaf and acorn with Bic Mark-Its and Koh-I-Noor pencils and used a blender pen to soften them up. Then I cut out my leaf, sent it through my Cuttlebug using a leaf embossing folder, which is the reason it has some texture to it.

And a close up of the verse for you.
As always, thanks for visiting me and you can check out Lindsay and the rest of the team here too.
Details not mentioned above-Paper: Pat Catan's, Bazill, 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" Circle Punches: Stampin' Up!, ribbon from my supplies

9 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Thanks, Karin, for sharing this sensational idea!! I love the very meaningful listing of the items in the bag!! Absolutely perfect for Thanksgiving!!

Cheryl said...

I love this. I am going to have to try to remember for next year.

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. Have a great week.

TannyP said...

What a fabulous project! Love the way you've done this up, Karin =)

Unknown said...

That looks like a REAL Leaf!!! LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

What a great idea! The leaf is so pretty the colorings are just perfect!

Lindsay Weirich said...

that is fantastic! wow, I can't remember the last time I had bugles, I didn't know they still made them, great, now I have a craving;)

Nettie said...

What a beautiful make as always.xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is a wonderful project- love it! TFS

Joan B said...

This is gorgeous!

Related Posts with Thumbnails