Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sorry for your loss

Hi Friends,

My card today was made with a couple of the newly released stamps from DRS Designs.  This sweet little Dog Angel looked like a boy to me, so I made the card monochromatic and used blue tones.

The Design Team for DRS Designs stamps doesn't have to use background paper on their projects.  Why? Because they have so many different easy background stamps for sale, that we can make our own custom paper.  For this card I used the Interlocking Hearts (Yes, it's not just for Valentine's Day...lol.) and colored half of the hearts in with a Copic marker to match the little dogs shirt. I finished the image with Stickles on the wings and Flower Soft on the cloud. 

The sentiment, "Sorry to hear of your loss" is also new this month. 

Thanks so much for visiting me today and remember the sketch challenge at DRS Designs is in full swing, so link up your card here to win free stamps.  I hope you are having a great week so far.

Challenges this card is linked to are as follows:
The Town Scrapper-Monochromatic
Gingersnap Creations-Shades of Blue
One Stop Craft-Monochromatic
Sweet Stamping Challenges-Things with Wings
Creative Card Crew-Use a Die Cut

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Stampin' Up, Punches: Stampin' Up, Nesties, Ribbon, buttons and twine from my supplies.

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is a very sweet card! I love the monochrome. Well done!

1CardCreator said...

Very sweet card, the buttons look fabulous, I love how you layered with black to bring it all out! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane

Jennifer E. said...

Adorable! I love this card in blues! Love the button embellishments too!

TannyP said...

Love those colors - and such a fabulous background! Awesome job with the buttons & all the perfect details, Karin!

Micki said...

awesome card, love the monochromatic look and the buttons & the bow along with the glitter are just perfect. Love it. Big Hugs :-)

Belinda said...

Lovely colors and composition, it really goes together well.

Jenny said...

Soo cute, love this!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Unknown said...

super cute!! lovely card!


Thanks for playing at one stop xx

Chrissie said...

A very sweet card!
Thanks so much for joining in with our Monochromatic Challenge at OSCC.
Chrissie

gina g said...

Very cute card and lovely papers. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Bonnie said...

She is a cutie Karin!

Kelly Schelske said...

Super cute Karin! Thanks for playing along with us at The Town Scrapper!

Related Posts with Thumbnails