Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Retirement!

Hi Everyone,

I'm showing off another fun card made with my DRS Designs stamps. I just love this little guy with his prize catch...He looks so proud!  The stamp is very apporpriately named Proud Catch Fisherman and I thought I would pair it with the sentiment Happy Retirement.  What better time to pursue those favorite hobbies but when you have all the time in the world, right? 

DRS Designs has all kinds of great background stamps too, so you never have to scramble for patterned paper, you can always make your own, just like I did here.  I used the Interlocking Circles because I thought they kinda looked like bubbles in the water.


I gave the fish a googly eye and added some twine and buttons.  Those are my go to embellishments for guy cards ;)

Have you been playing along with the Stamp A Day Give Away at the DRS Designs blog this month? You only have until the end of June, so drop by the blog today and check out my card featured over there.  Oh, and have you seen their new releases for summer?  You can check them out right here...So cute! 

Have a great day!

Challenges for this card:
Card Cupids-Boy themed
Wags n Wiskers-Summertime (Fishing)
Delightful Challenges-Fun in the Sun
Southern Girls-Anything Goes

Details not listed above- Paper:The Paper Company, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Momento Tuxedo Black, Markers: Copic, Twine and buttons from my supplies.

15 comments:

jonim52 said...

Karin, what an adorable card. I love the layout and the interlocking circles make a great background. How do you figure out so many challenges to enter?

Jennifer E. said...

Love that googly eye! What a great idea! Great coloring too!

pinky said...

Love the googly eye Karin, brilliant card.

Amanda R said...

That background paper does look like bubbles and I love your image, great coloring! Cute little buttons too, nice embellishment but not too girly.

Lindsey said...

What a fun card! The googly eye is the perfect touch. :)

juelmarie said...

Ok - I'm not familiar with this line! Love the image and what you've done - Thanks for joining us at Digi's with Attitude

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

Stephanie said...

I too love the goggly eye! This is such a great retirement card, Karin. I also like the background paper you made :)

sunghee said...

HaHaHa!!! This cracking me up! Love the googly eye on fish! Hehehe. And the twine is very nice touch to the fishing image. What a great retirement card!

Gill McCall said...

i love this card so fitting for my challenge this week - thanks for playing along. http;//creationsbygillm.blogspot.com

Larelyn said...

Fantastic card. Love the buttons and fibers as well as the delightful image. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.

Anita said...

Stunning card! Thanks fro joining us at Delightful Challenges.

Jacki Daniels said...

This is amazinf great male card I'm rubbish at those lol thanks for joining us at CBGM this time
Jacki xx

Anne said...

Perfect paper for your image and lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place Challenge, don't forget the Anything Goes with a Phindy image challenge this week
Hugs
Anne

Manuela said...

Haha, absolutely gorgeous! I like your colouring! Great card =)
Thanks for playing with us at Challenge up your life!

Cheryl said...

Okay, I am totally loving this card. First there is the wonderful stamped background. Then there is the googlie eye on the fish. Then there is the awesome way you used the hemp. Coolness!

Related Posts with Thumbnails