Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Flying Friends

Hi Everyone,

This weeks challenge at the DRS Designs blog is "Flying Friends", so anything with some wings will do. Check out your stash and play along for a chance at some stamps from DRS!

I used the Birthday Sheet Music stamp and the Silhouette Butterfly on today's card to make my background. The Three Butterflies stamp was used on the center strip and also for embellishment.


The big butterfly was punched and I added some dots and Stickles to it, and layered it on the Swag and Dot Circle stamp and added the Happy Birthday Arc. 

You can see all of the design team inspiration and link up your card right here!

Well, since my patio door is finally fixed, I'm off to get some flowers planted in the backyard before the summer is totally over.  I'm also hoping my few flowers will attract some of these flying friends too :)

Have a great day!

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up, Punches: Martha Stewart, EK Success, Marvy, Die: Spellbinders, Ribbon: Offray

10 comments:

TannyP said...

Beautiful butterflies, Karin! I love that birthday sheet music stamp and the scrollwork edge of the black layer. Love the layers!!

Brenda said...

Fun card, Karin and I love that border punch!

Lindsey said...

The colours, the music background, the bow... love all of it!

Julie Z said...

Lovely birthday card Karin - pretty colors!

April said...

So pretty! I love the purple with the black and white. Great layout.

Shona Erlenborn said...

Love your color choice Karin. The scroll borders are a great addition too.

Jennifer E. said...

Well done Karin! I love all the purple and how you used the butterfly bg and the sheet music to create the Background paper!

Donna Ellis said...

Very cute birthday card, Karin! Great concept of musical butterflies! :-) thanks for sharing.

Amanda R said...

This is lovely Karin, love the purple and black combo and the loops on the image is cute and goes so well with the diecuts on the side, beautiful card!

Cheryl said...

So pretty! I love the black, white & purple color combo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails