Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Heavy Metal Challenge

Hi Everyone,

Good grief, summer sure has been busy for us so far. I'm trying my best to keep up on blogging, but it seems to have fallen to the end of the to-do list.  All that beautiful sunshine outside, sure doesn't help me want to stay indoors either :)

We have another new challenge at DRS Designs, so here is my card showing off a bit of "Heavy Metal", in the form of a rhinestone charm.

I'm in love with the new Script Font Background stamp.  It's long and covers the length of your card easily and it's perfect for making a card with an elegant theme.   After stamping the background, I stamped the Sea Grass in Versamark and embossed it with White embossing powder. The Engagement Wishes sentiment was cut out using an oval Nestie, and embellished with some chalk.

 
Sheer ribbon and a pre-made ribbon rose finished off the card.  I'm really digging the green monochromatic color scheme, if I do say so myself :)
 
I hope you can join us for the challenge and you can check out the design team cards there too.
 
Have a good one!
 
Details not listed above-Paper: Bazzill, Georgia Pacific White, The Paper Company, Ribbon and flower: Darice, Ink: Stampin Up, Charm: Pink Paisley, Embossing Powder: Martha Stewart
 
 

8 comments:

April said...

So soft and pretty! You did a wonderful job!

Brenda said...

Very elegant!!!

1CardCreator said...

Hi Karin, I'm lovin those colors too! Looks so classy with the embossing too!

Amanda R said...

Love that soft green too and that stamped background looks so elegant, lovely card if I do say so myself!

Cheryl said...

So stunning and elegant! I love the monochromatic green too. The monochrome color is perfect with the lush bow/flower combination.

Monica said...

Love this monochromatic card - love the colours and everything about it...
I will send you an email soon to tell you of the lovely package I received, thanks, thanks and thanks!!!
Love to an absolute angel,
Monica

lucretia said...

Love your green card.

TannyP said...

Oh my! I love that background stamp, too! Gorgeous ribbon with a perfect bow and fabulous heavy metal :) That sea grass is brilliant, embossed over the background. Gorgeous colors - maybe I need to divorce MrP and get re-engaged to him so you can send this beauty my way ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails