Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Scrapbook Page

Hi Everyone,
I have something other than my usual card for you today. The design team was recently challenged to make some scrapbook pages, and while this was out of my comfort zone, I love the results!

Making a 12 X 12 scrapbook page was new for me, (I usually go smaller) but I think I found a new favorite way to preserve some memories. These photos were from my vacation to Florida, a couple of years ago. We had a great time visiting my husband’s aunt and uncle, who winter in Naples each year. We visited with them a few days, and then headed off to Universal Orlando for the rest of our stay.

One of the days we spent with them, we took a day trip to Marco Island and visited the prettiest beach I have ever seen! It was huge and the sand so soft and white. It really made me want to move there!

I used some stamps from the set Tropical for this layout. I never dreamed it would be so easy to embellish my page, but the Sparkle N Soft in the Sparkling Sands (SS118) color was perfect for the beach-y theme and some strips of Evening Glow glitter (G1086) added the right amount of eye
catching bling.

The cute sun was stamped, fussy cut and attached using an Action Wobble. It adds a great bit of movement and interest to the layout! Seriously, such a cute and fun accessory for paper crafts!
All the specific details can be found in my gallery right here.

Thanks for stopping by...It's Father's Day weekend here, so I'll be celebrating with my dad :)

 Have a great one!

8 comments:

Brenda said...

What a fun layout! Love your "sand" frame :)

Barbara Bruder said...

Karin, Your L/O turned out great. I too was out of my comfort zone and I was surprised at my results. I love your sandy frame, perfect for this L/O

April said...

Wonderful! I just love the frame!

TannyP said...

Great job, Karin! I love those papers and your sparkle really does make the layout shine. Love your sun and shells, plus the rows of fantastic accents :) Hope you had a great Father's Day with your Dad!

1CardCreator said...

Sweet picture of your Dad and you Karin. Love the layout you did, you 2 look like a picture postcard in that pic. I can see why you would want to live there.

Amanda R said...

What a great page Karin! Love all the glitter in the background and that beach is gorgeous. What a great way to display such a wonderful memory!

Cheryl said...

Oh Karin, I love it! I am trying to get back into scrapbooking. I find the 12x12 page intimidating now that I am used to making cards. There's SO MUCH SPACE! (Which is why I chickened out and do 6x6 now) I love the papers and pretty frame you used.

Donna Ellis said...

Isn't Marco Island a marvelous place? So gorgeous. Your scrapbook page is beautiful - makes me want to be there with you, K. Today the island is still being rained upon LOL - LOTS n lots of rain! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails