Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Purple Flowers

HI Everyone,

I made my card for the new challenge over at the DRS Designs blog that began yesterday..."Flowers".  I know, it's an easy challenge if you ask me.  And now I will also let you know something else....DRS Designs is the sponsor this week at the 365 Cards blog, and the challenge over there is "Nature".  So, why not join me, make a card and enter both challenges for a chance at a prize :)

After seeing a couple of my design team mates use this pretty Dogwood Branch in their backgrounds, I thought I would give it a try.  Funny how I just thought of it as a main image stamp, but I love the results.  It's just colored with Copics and added a bit of Stickles in their centers.  I decided to pad my B-day card stash, so Birthday Wishes was stamped on the bottom. 


I made a rolled flower (only my second or third one ever), and added a gem to the center.  I think I don't make them very often, because now I have to hand deliver the card. 

Well, I had a house full of guests for Father's day, I was out shopping for a new fire pit this week, and I'm desperately trying to finish my scrapbook from my trip to Italy.  If I don't finish soon, nobody will even care anymore about the photos...lol.  And the heat has chased my card makin'/blogging mojo to God knows where.  I hope it comes back soon!

Thanks for dropping by and hope to see you at the challenges! 

Other Challenges for this card:
Bearly Mine-Flowers
Papertake Weekly-Bingo (Punches, Glitter, Blooms)
Lexi Creations-Birthday
Paper Playtime-Anything Goes w/sentiment
Truly Madly Crafty-Monochrome
Use Your Stuff-Make it by Hand

Details not mentioned above-Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up!, Punch: Martha Stewart, Ribbon: Darice

17 comments:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card Karin. I love how the black really anchors the card and makes everything else pop!

Barbara said...

very pretty. I love the flower.
Thanks for playing along this week on the Use Your Stuff challenge. Hope to see you again.

cotnob said...

This is lovely Karin, your Dogwood Branch is so pretty and makes a fab background.
Thank you for joining us at Bearly Mine Designs this week.
Pauline
x

pinky said...

Hi Karin, lovely to hear from you again. I love your beautiful card, gorgeous lace and layers. Had a wee peep down below. Great scrap page and love the photo of you and your Dad. Hopefully that mojo will come back again. Though that gorgeous green creation below tells me its still there. Love and hugs
Pinky

Amanda R said...

Karin this is soooo pretty! I love purple and flowers so this card is right up my alley, great accent with the lace and glitter too! Hope your mojo comes back, would love to see your scrapbook pages!

E. Marie said...

Karin, I love the color combo on this lovely card. Awesome background.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Karin. How pretty and very effective. Gorgeous papers and love the border and lace.
Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations and good luck.
Love Sandra xxx

Sonia said...

Hi Karin!~
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL creation. Love your handmade pretty flower and the color.
Great JOB!~
Thanks for joining us at Lollipop Crafts. Good Luck!
-Sony DT
Sonia-Studio60

Barbara said...

Hi Karin, what a gorgeous card. I love the way you have treated purple throughout the card design. The lacy is very pretty too. What a clever name for your blog:)Thank you for joining us this week at Lexi's Creations. Hope to see you again Monday for our next challenge.

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Gorgeous card Karin!! I love the colors and how you made the center of the flowers stand out and glitter. Great job!! Have a fabulous day!! Gloria

Visit my blog. I would love more followers.
http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Emily Leiphart said...

This is beautiful, Karin! I love the colours, the bit of glitter and of course your rolled flower. I hope you're enjoying the gorgeous summer weather!

Brenda said...

Oh so pretty! Love the colors.

mum of two said...

karin, I love this card! The purple flowers are gorgeous, especially the one you rolled! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime this week. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Michelle Looi said...

Great card Karin.. especially how you have used the stamp as the background !
Thanks for joining us at 365cards!
~Michelle

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

what a lovely card you have made here. It fits perfectly for the Bearly Mine Challenge Blog. Thank you for taking part in this challenge and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Member) xxx

Cheryl said...

I love how you used the image as a background stamp. Beautiful card!

TannyP said...

Truly gorgeous flowers, Karin! Your coloring is awesome and that rolled flower is too sweet. Love the layer of lace and the black edge!

Related Posts with Thumbnails