Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Candy Corn Cards

Hi Everyone,
I'm popping in with a sentiment on my first card that can be paired with so many stamps. You're So Sweet was just the thing for these darling little Candy Corn Bees. Are they bees dressed as candy corn for Halloween, or are they candy corns disguised as bees so that no one will eat them? lol! Either way they have the most adorable little faces :)
I stamped them on the layered base, added those dashes myself for the fluttering trails and glittered up their wings.
While that was drying, I stamped those five bees on a separate sheet of paper, colored them up and fussy cut them out. Then I pieced them on top with a pop dot for a bit of dimension.

  
 
I couldn't resist using this little Candy Corn Buzz Bee stamp one more time before the season is through. :) :) :)
I took my color inspiration for the card from him and the newly released Candy Corn Border stamp. The two just paired so perfectly together. Both were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Copic markers. The bee is up on a pop dot and so are a couple of the candy corns along the border, and if you look closely, there is also a bit of bling on the tips.
 
 
 
I used yellow dye ink on yellow paper for a tone on tone look, using Interlocking Circles and
Easy Dot Background stamps to create the pattern. And the sentiment is sheer perfection if you ask me...Who's favorite vegetable isn't candy corn at this time of year, right? lol!
 
Have a great day!
 

10 comments:

Anne Temple said...

Both are adorable! What a cute image too.

Monica said...

Oh Karin, these candy corn disguised as bees are so cute... gotta love their smiles. And the sentiment is perfect. Yes, the glitter adds much charm.
Both cards are really cute.
Monica xxx

Lindsey said...

Candy corn bees? I love 'em! And you are showing them off perfectly, Karin -- love their colours and glittery wings!

Brenda said...

Can you hear me squealing in delight all the way from Arizona LOL... how cute are the little candy corn bees! My husband is right there with you on candy corn as a veggie!

Donna Ellis said...

LOL!!!!!!! I did NOT expect bee-zy flying candy corn on your blog today! LOL toooo cute. Always a smile or chuckle when visiting your blog - and always wonderful card shares. Thanks, Karin!

April said...

I love your cute cards! Love the sparkly wings on the first one.

Gina Lindsay said...

This is perfect! I love bee images and candy corn images too. What fun cards!

1CardCreator said...

Love that sentiment too! Both of these are "SWEET", ha ha!

Amanda R said...

Oh my gosh is this too cute! Love the sentiment and the doodles you used for them, great idea!

E. Marie said...

Karin, that little candy corn bee is just toooo cute. Love your cards and the use of the wiggle eyes.

Related Posts with Thumbnails