Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

O Holy Hambo

 
Hi Everyone,
 
The challenge at the Hambo Hoedown this week is "neon colors."  I thought this card I made a while back, with its bright turquoise background fit the bill this week, so I'm happy to finally show it off.  At least I hope the background and my coloring of the bright swaddling clothes count...It's been too long since I've played along!
 
I like to make half "religious" and half winter themed cards for Christmas, so when I saw this darling Manger (4316) stamp from Hambo, I knew this was the one for this year.  Would you look at that baby Jesus? So stinkin' cute!    (Every time I read, or say "baby Jesus" I can't help but think about the grace scene in Talledega Nights...Is that bad? lol!:) )
 


I added a piece of burlap and roughed up the edges of the layered stamped image and the Adore Him (4313) sentiment, thinking that would compliment the humble, rustic manger.  But then I went and blinged up the sheep with Stickles anyway.  And then I went further by adding a punched star, glittered up with Evening Glow glitter (G1086) from Sparkle N Sprinkle. I can never seem to leave well enough alone.  At least I kept it flat and easy to mail.
 
I'm no where near done with my Christmas cards this year, and I make 75 gifts each year for my husband's co-workers.  This year I'm super freaked out about it, because I don't have any idea yet of what that will be. In years past I've done homemade dish soap, wrapped Hershey nuggets in a box, tile coasters, stamped candles,  mugs and cocoa, and last year was candy and hand sanitizers in a cute bag.  So, if you have any bright ideas that aren't those, I'm open to ANYTHING!  I told you I'm freaking :)
 
Thanks for stopping by this little blog of mine :)
 
Other challenges for this card:
Card Makin Mamas-Anything goes
Lady Anne's-Sentimental Friday & Anything goes
Crafty Anne's-Christmas
Crafty Catz-Texture (Burlap)
Fat Pages & Cards-Add a sentiment/anything goes
Polka Doodles-Bright color and Bling
Raise the Bar-Anything goes
Totally Papercrafts-Twinkle Twinkle Christamas Star
Southern Girls-Animal Crackers




19 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

aww, too cute, Karin. Love the fuzzy little sheep, and sweet coloring.

Judy Rozema said...

Cute as can be! Love the burlap too!! SO glad to see you!

Laine said...

This is so cute Karin. I love the sweet image and the lovely twinkling star. Thank you for joining us this week at TPC.
Hugs
Laine
X

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

What a lovely Christmas card! I like the hessian you've used, gives it a rustic feel.

Thanks for going 'Animal Crackers' with us this challenge.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz
Southern Girls DT

Amanda R said...

Cute image and love the addition of the burlap, nice rustic touch.

Monica Hunter said...

This is SO sweet! I too love the addition of the burlap for the rustic touch. It's so good to see you playing along with us again! :)

Shona Erlenborn said...

Oh come let us adore your card! Awesome job!

Stephanie Eaken said...

What a precious card! I especially love the burlap! Tahnks for joining us at SGC!

Monica said...

Darling and cute... such a sweet stamp. And the jute looks perfect.
Superb card. And lovely sentiment as well.
Monica xxx

Anne Temple said...

This is so cute!! Love the burlap and the added star. (Have you seen the alcohol ink dripped candles at Blockheads? They look really fun to make.)

craftymum said...

Super card. Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Bling it on Challenge

hugs Sarah x

Kecia said...

So cute! I love the way you colored the image. What a special card.

Thank you for joining us at the Hoedown!

Chrissy said...

Awww..what a gorgeous card, love the image, really sweet.
Thanks for joining in with us at FAT pages and cards with Attitude

Luv CHRISSYxx

1CardCreator said...

Cute card Karin!

Unknown said...

Lovely card Karin, very cute image!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz :) x

Aunty Sue said...

Great card and thanks for joining our texture challenge this week. xxGreat card and thanks for joining our texture challenge this week. xx

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Hi Karin! What a great card - love the touches of glitter :>) Thanks so much for playing along with us at CSAYL!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and image. Thank you for joining us at Fat Pages this fortnight. Abbie (Owner) xx

E. Marie said...

What a precious image. I love manger scene images and this one is adorable. Great card and love the addition of the burlap.

Related Posts with Thumbnails