Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Turkey Challenge

 
Hi Everyone,
 
Are you ready for the big turkey eating day?  I'm excited to have my family over for the big meal and I'm also looking forward to having leftovers :)  That's a highlight for me. 
 
From the title of my post, and the lead in about how I love extra food, you would think I was entering some big eating challenge...Nope, I'm happy to say, it's calorie free :) In honor of Thanksgiving here in the U.S., the challenge at the DRS Designs blog is "Turkeys", and the good news is that the challenge is 2 weeks long.  Lots of time to play with us for a chance at a $10.00 voucher to the store...yay!
 
Let's just say, here's hoping my bird on Thanksgiving comes out looking as good as this
 
 
I also used the Checkerboard Background and the Beauty of an Autumn Day Greeting to complete my card.
 
To see the rest of the DT cards (cute and funny ones!) and to enter the challenge, just click here. 
 
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving!


8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

That's a good looking turkey Karin! Love your checkerboard tablecloth!

Monica said...

Such a sweet sentiment. The image is so well coloured and looks yummy. The embossing and red ribbon and table cover look rather charming. The nestie with sentiment has so much character with sponging.
Love,
M

April said...

Great card and I love the saying!

Mary Ann said...

Very awesome card,love your turkey dinner...Happy Thanksgiving...

Anne Temple said...

This is so pretty and such a lovely sentiment. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Donna Ellis said...

Yum! And Happy Thanksgiving, Karin. So grateful for you - all year long. xo

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card! I love the sentiment. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Judy said...

Awww...this is such a pretty Thanksgiving card, and I just adore the sentiment.

xo
Judy

Related Posts with Thumbnails