Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Holiday Card

 
Hi Everyone,
 
I'm back to posting for Sparkle N Sprinkle again, and I love that the holidays are almost upon us.  It's the best time of year for making cards :) 
 
Due to hurricane Sandy, we postponed the blog hop until next week.  We want to make sure as many people as possible have their power back and can join in the fun of inspiration and prizes! So note that change and plan to hop with us.
 
Until then, let me whet your appetite with this cute snowman card made with the
Merry Crows (385) stamp set and some Velvet Glitter.  It's one of the new hot products here at Sparkle N Sprinkle. 
 
I created the background papers using the Starry Believe (3045-385c) stamp from that same set and some Red Apple (EP276) embossing powder.  To try and keep things speedy when making multiple holiday cards, I chose to simply outline Slim (3051-385c) the snowman with a grey Copic (C1) and add some Gypsy Red (GM2005) Velvet Glitter to his scarf using dimensional glue.
 
 
The snowflake behind him was die cut from Sticker Paper (99558) and coated in that very fine glitter. It's so soft to the touch, it really feels like velvet, hence the name :) . Try it and you will be amazed!
 
I used a bit of ribbon, foam letters and a doily to add some interest, but still keep it flat and easy to mail for the holidays :)
 
 
Karin
 
P.S. I've been getting spammed on my blog like crazy lately.  I've tried sticking my head in the sand for the past week, hoping that it would simply go away.  That's always my first strategy, so I've not been visiting  or commenting anywhere either. So right now I've turned on comment moderation for old posts. I'll see if that helps for now and know that I'll be by to check on your blogs real soon.


10 comments:

Amanda R said...

Love the addition of the letters and numbers to the card and I need to get some of that glitter and try it for sure!

Brenda said...

Such a fun image and love how you did minimal coloring on the snowman...

Monica said...

Hi Karin, how taaaaall is this snowman - lol. The doily and paper you created are just so beautiuful. Love the black with corners punched out. Very classy card.

Love,
Monica

Judy said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the LO.

:)
Judy

Donna Ellis said...

Karin, such a wonderful custom background for ole Slim here! Such a festive, happy card! With all the glitter and EP, it must look beautiful up close in person. The little bow is the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing the tip for the background, too.

1CardCreator said...

Great card Karin, I always look forward to what you have made to inspire me.

Lindsey said...

This is awesome, Karin! I love that image bracketed by the date.

E. Marie said...

Your little snowman is so cute and love all the dimension/embellishment on this card.

Gen said...

I love this card, it is so cute and so HAPPY!

Julie Z said...

Love the simple color combo on this card - really packs a punch!

Related Posts with Thumbnails