Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Apples

Hi Everyone,
 
One of my favorite things about fall is definately the apples.  I love to get them from the orchard and make a pie or two.  One year my friend taught me how to can, and we put up more than a dozen jars of homemade applesauce.  It was that time spent in the kitchen at her home that inspired my card today.
 
I colored up my stamped Apple Trio image from DRS Designs with my Copic markers and cut it out with my Spellbinders dies.  I decided to use that same image for my background as well, so out came some of my Martha Stewart white embossing powder.  I think using that same silhouette image along the bottom of the card looks really cool.
 
 
The new Checkered Background stamp looks just like a tablecloth, so I thought it added to the whole  kitchen-y vibe of the card. A punched border, some over sized brads and the Happy Fall Y'all finished it off. 
 
To check out the rest of the newest stamps, just click here :) 
 
 Have a great day!

8 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a scumptious card Karin - the apples look so real. The checkered background is just like a country kitchen! Super job. A+

Anne Temple said...

Love it! Great idea to make a border with the same image and that checkered background "tablecloth" is perfect.

Brenda said...

Beautiful and looks good enough to eat :)

1CardCreator said...

Sweet card, I love the paper you chose too!

Lindsey said...

Beautiful colouring and embossing!

Donna Ellis said...

what a great way of using that image, Karin! Love that special background. Pretty coloring, too!

Monica said...

So yummylicious!!! Love the stamping and the colouring. Wow, that apple sauce must have been the tastiest.
Love,
Monica

Cheryl said...

Wonderful card! I love how you colored the apples.

Related Posts with Thumbnails