Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Rainbow Card

Hi Everyone,

DRS Designs has just released this beautiful Rainbow Greeting and  it inspired me to try and create a rainbow type background for this card.  I was pleased with how easy this was to do, and the best thing about it, you can't mess it up :)


I used the piece of plastic that came with my stamp-a-ma-jig and wiped it across my ink pad.  I misted it with some water from a spray bottle, and then smooshed it on a piece of paper.  I did that multiple times using all the colors of the rainbow and it gave me a cool, watercolor, rainbow-ish effect.  I took my heat gun and tried to dry it, but it ended up a bit wonky, so I ran a low iron over it to smooth it out.

 
 
 
I stamped, cut and layered a border onto the greeting, but it looked a little too plain.  I decided to add some butterflies using the Three Butterflies stamp, and colored them to look like a rainbow as well. 

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to enter our weekly challenge for your chance at winning some stampy goodness!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails