Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Waves of Happiness

  Hi Everyone,

Being that it's the heart of winter and I haven't seen the sun for days, I decided to cheer myself up by making a couple of beach themed cards.

I'm using the new Happiness Comes in Waves Greeting for both cards, along with the 4 in 1 Seashells stamp.  I began by tearing some blue and white paper, layering them to resemble waves, dry embossing the top layer with a wave folder.  I created the sand portion by stamping the card using the Splatter Background stamp, adding the fussy cut shells for embellishment.


This traditional beach scene was made by inking up a baby wipe and swiping it across the die cut panel.  When I was satisfied, I stamped the palm tree, birds and boat to complete it.  I simply added some dimensional tape and adhered the image and sentiment to some seashell stamped paper I made.  I don't think you can see it in my photo, but I added a bit of glittery flock to the sand for some extra texture. 


Here are the links to the stamps used on this card:

Palm Tree

Happiness Comes in Waves Greeting

4 in 1 Seashells

4 in 1 Sky

4 in 1 Ocean

Thank you so much for visiting today!

Karin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails