Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crafty Sentiments

Good Morning! It sure has been gloomy around here these last few days...The weather man tells me that tomorrow will bring some sunshine to these here parts, but I will believe it when I see it.

Until then, I thought I would post some cheerful cards for everyone. These are my submission for the design team call at Crafty Sentiments. Suzette said to submit two of our best unpublished cards and post them here on our blog. I'll never know what the best card is...I'm a bit (a lot) self critical...Who isn't right?


Anyway, these are them! This first card was made with stamps from a multitude of sets. I wanted to try making a scene and this is what I came up with. It seems like when there are a lot of small stamps in a set, I tend to use only one image at a time and just cut it out with a punch. This concept has got me thinking in a new direction and I love that it gives me more mileage out of a product I already have! The coloring on this card was done with Stampin Up pastels. The sentiment was from Inkadinkado, the frog, butterfly and flower from Hero Arts and the grass from a See-Dee's set. So spring-like and cheerful... Here is a close-up of the bling (Stickles) on the butterfly...





This card was the card I made for my friend Laura's birthday. Both the image and sentiment are from Stampendous and the tiered tray of treats is one of my favs...It never fails to look delicious and is so fun to color, which I did here using Marvy Markers.


Well, I hope it's sunny where you live...If not, make a card! The cure for any crafters weather blues. (Wink!)

Other Details: Paper: Bazzill & Stampin Up, ribbon and rhinestones from my stash of stuff.


4 comments:

TannyP said...

We don't have sun either...and it's feeling like winter's almost here already. =(

Fabulous cards, Karin! Always such great details.

Jacquel said...

What cute cards...tfs!!

Silli said...

Hello dear Karin, both cards are very pretty. I love the lo´s... The frog is so very cute... Great work. Big hugs and happy day! Silke

Lynn McAuley said...

What great cards, Karin!! Adorable!!

It's raining here today, but we are loving it!! It's been a very long dry spell here in Texas!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails