Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Cathy!

Hi to my Internet and real life friends!




From the title you can see that this extra post is in honor of my cousin Cathy's Birthday today. I thought I would showcase some of the cards I have received from her over time. First, a little background...



Growing up, Cathy was always my favorite cousin. We were the only two girl cousins in the family and I really looked up to her as a kid. She always played with me and bought me Barbie dolls; never did I feel like I was a nuisance to her. She always made me feel special. Cathy could draw and play the guitar...She was definitely cool in my eyes. Since I am an only child, I feel as close to her as I would a sister. I love you Cath!






While Cathy makes greeting cards too, her main passion is ATC's. For those that don't know, ATC stands for Artist Trading Card, and that is what they are...little 3 x 5 works of art. Her ATC's have a great vintage/collage like style and when she has a stock pile, she will attach one to the front of a card and use them up that way. Look: Cool idea, right?




And here is a card she made out of wallpaper. Stores will give away their old books for free and she has recycled it here...


and this is a close up of the bead work.




Well, thanks for visiting and I hope you enjoyed looking at someones paper crafts besides mine!






1 comment:

TannyP said...

Wow - what a talent! It's so fabulous to have family like that =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails