Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Saturday, September 12, 2009

My Stay-cation Post

Hello,




This is just a small recap of my week at home with my husband. I hesitate when I mention him, since this is mostly a blog for papercrafts...My mother-in-law said she can't stand watching Ina Garten (aka Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network) because she is always talking about Jeffery, her husband. I don't want to lose my friends and readers because people are sick of me mentioning him...I mean, what can I do? He was with me all week, right?!


We started out going to and Indians game which had some lovely fireworks afterwards...



We also did a lot of eating out (and eating of stuff in general), one of our favorite pastimes! I even threw caution to the wind and made real bacon, and scrambled eggs with the yolk for breakfast one day! Man were we livin' on the edge or what?





We got sushi at Sakura, GIGANTIC corned beef sandwiches here, (we actually split one and it was more than enough!) and had a lovely Asian Pesto Crusted Salmon here and did some window shopping here.



The Cleveland Museum of Art is slowly opening up as the renovations are being completed, so we went to see the newly opened sections. This place is amazing...a must see if you are ever near by. I would add some pictures of my favorite pieces, but I'm not sure if there are copyright laws in place for them...

The Thinker...


We went to see District 9, a sci-fi movie that is totally out of our comfort zone, but got great reviews. I would consider us movie lovers. So if it's a good movie, we'll go see it even if it isn't our style. This was set on earth and had decent character development, some social commentary I guess, a great look to it, and it sucked you in as you watched. For this genre, I consider it a victory if I don't feel like I wish I had those 2hrs. of my life back!




I have to say, I always look forward to the fall movie season...when there are more character driven movies with dialogue, rather than special effects.





And lastly, I took a picture of the center piece at Aladdin's, the middle eastern restaurant we ate lunch at one day. I took this picture because of the craftiness of the centerpiece. They are flowers made from recycled materials, linoleum I think. Kinda funky!





Well, thanks for indulging me this post and I will see you and your crafty-selves next week! Bye... and eat something fun today!








1 comment:

TannyP said...

A perfect staycation when you've got great food =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails