Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Flower Monster

Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited to be back on the Hambo design team for another term.  These next few months I'll be working with their super cute digis, which means I will be posting my card for the Hambo Hoedown challenge every Wednedsay at my blog.  I hope that you can play along this week.


This week the challenge is to use the Flower Monster (or any Hambo stamp) to create a project that uses an item that starts with the first letter of your first name. 
I was a little freaked out at first, what starts with a K?  I had to put on my thinking cap...See if you can guess what it is...



Isn't he the cutest thing?!?!?

Did you guess?  No? Then scroll down....





KNOTS!

I'll go ahead and say it.  I totally love myself.  Go see what the other Bacon Bits made for the challenge and then join us.  Remember to email a photo of your card to hambodesignteam@gmail.com               and you will recieve a new digi to play along with for next week!

Have a great day!

Other challenges for this card:
Crafty Cardmakers-Anything Goes
Make it Monday-Anything Goes
Card Cupids-Anything Goes
Paper Sundaes-Lots of Layers
Creatalicious-Anything Goes
BugaBoo-Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity-Anything Goes
Frosted Designs-Fussy Cutting

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, My Minds Eye, Nesties, Punch: EK Success, Stampin' Up!, Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug, Flower embellishments: Archivers, Twine and gems from my supplies.

28 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Karin, this is so so cute! I love the papers and those little knots are perfectly tied! So glad to have you back with us!

Doreen said...

This is just fabulous Karin,I love all the details.xxx

Whimsey said...

Super cute; love the colors and those knots? BRILLIANT, absolutely brilliant! Great coloring!

Hugs,
Michele

Steph Herbert said...

So adorable! Love that you chose knots and they are KRAFT colored! ;)

She's a Color Queen said...

Love the masculine feel this card has and the twine! Most excellent card!

Lin said...

Giggling away here. Fabulous sentiment, spot on perfect for the image.

Thanks for joining us in our relaunch challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin xx

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lin, that's a brilliant sentiment for this image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. xx

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Karin..love the little monster, great colouring, and lover what you did with the string..
Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Unknown said...

This is wonderfully cute!

Hazel said...

I love that image, bless him. Thanks for joining us at OSAAt. Hazel x

Scrapcat 1 said...

Love the twist on the sentiment so fits your cuddly monster.
Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time and hope to see you again soon.

pinky said...

Fabulous creation Karin! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Monica Hunter said...

HA! I didn't even catch the "kraft" part that Steph mentioned! Great/brilliant job with the Hoedown challenge!

The Paper Parade said...

Oh man, Karin...awesome K idea!!! When I was first looking at your card I was like, wow that ribbon is pretty creative! And then to find out that was your k word was the icing on the cake :)

Shanna Shands said...

I really love your sentiment. Thanks for playing with Paper Sundaes.

Cheryl said...

Oh my gosh! Karin, I love this monster. The sentiment made me chuckle. Great card!

Sally said...

A very clever idea to use knots in your design. A great monster & smashing backing papers. Thanx for joining the Crafty Cardmakers challenge this week.

Amanda R said...

Oh my gosh, he is adorable and I love love love those knots! Very creative!

Lindsey said...

Hee! Love the pun, love the card!

Roberta; mother of 4, GiGi to 1 said...

What a cute monster! He reminds me of the Muppets, which I love! Great fussy-cutting, and I'm going to check out that stamp company right now! I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

cheryl said...

this is one gorgeous card just love the image,and the colors on this bless you for playing at creatalicious this month love hugs cherylxxxxx

1CardCreator said...

Cute card and sentiment!

Unknown said...

Cute card! Thanks so much for playing along over at Frosted Designs.

having a {me} day said...

Ahhh, he is cute! Love those papers. Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

Min said...

What a great card - love that little monster! I can sympathize with you on the name spelling thing - I'm Mindi with an "i" - after years of wrong spellings I've shortened to Min...... =)
Thanks so much for playin' along with us this week for the Catch The Bug "Anything Goes" Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps! Hugs & Happy Days! ~Min
Kaymin Kreations

Lola said...

LOL! This is too cute and what an adorable sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Catch the Bug!

Sincerely, Ree said...

I like your knots! Adorable card!

Mel said...

OMG!!
I just love him! He is so so cute and the sentiment is perfect! Hee want him!!
Thanks for joining in the fun this time at Crafty Cardmakers!
Hugs Melly xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails