Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Have a Purrrrfect Halloween!

*If you are looking for the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog hop, please scroll down or click here.*

Hi Everyone,

I have a Halloween card to share with you today.  It's made with three new stamps from DRS Designs.  After making my sky background with the Starry Background stamp,  I used the Purrrfect Halloween greeting for the my focal point.  It matched so well with the new Silhouette Cat and Moon stamp, that I added that along side.  It was stamped, colored and embellished with Stickles.  I used the Small Bat Moon stamp to make the strip along the side in some matching yellow paper.


A couple of die cut bats finished it off.  The blue and yellow color combo was a little different for a Halloween card, but I love the way it turned out!

Thanks for looking and have a great day!

Challenges for this card:
Crafts 4 Eternity-Anything Goes
Crafty Catz-Things with wings
4 Crafty Chicks-Anything Goes
Art Impressions-Halloween

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Nesties, Markers: Copic, Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up, Punch: EK Success, Stickles

14 comments:

Doreen said...

This is fabulous,love the colours.xxx

Monica said...

Such a cool card, Karin, love the image and the EK success punch looksso breathtakingly nice. The distressing looks awesome too.

xxx Monica

TannyP said...

A non-traditional thing of beauty, I really like the color combo you've used and the dang sparkle you're always rocking. Fabulous sponging, my friend. That edge rocks!

Deb said...

amazing Halloween card, I love it!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
have a great day, Debxx

pinky said...

It really is purrrfect Karin, I love it. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

Lori Turner said...

Awesome Halloween card! Thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks this week:)

Melissa Czapor said...

I just love the wonderful colors you used on this card!! Great work as always!! Blessings and hugs!

Amanda R said...

Love the card Karin, the bat cutouts and on the side panel are great! And I have that paper punch but could never figure out what to use it with, now I know!

sunghee said...

I love how you placed the cat and bats.

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Karin
A gorgeous card fabulous colour's thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

Great composition for this card. All the elements go together so nicely. And I love the side bar with the bat/moon.
Cheesy

1CardCreator said...

Great card, love the use of blue instead od the same old orange and black, looks fab! I'm really admiring your punches lately too!

Jennifer E. said...

Awesome card Karin! Love the starry background and the colors are perfect together!

Samantha said...

So cool! I love your line of moons and that blue is fab!

Related Posts with Thumbnails