Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

This Just In...

This just in...It's a new challenge at the Hambo Hoedown today!  And...Did you know that today is the last day for the Hambo Hogtoberfest sale


Make sure you remember to stop on over to the sale page so that you don't miss out :) However, you will want to check in tomorrw for more "HOGtoberfest" news...We're gonna keep the party going! Ok, on to the the subject at hand...

This was super fun card to prepare for you today. Can you guess the challenge by looking at my card?


Use newspaper!

This image is Newscaster.  I struggle with masculine cards, so I love that this makes a fun one for my stash.  Along with using newspaper as a background, I paper pieced it in this newscasters hands as well.  I finished it off by using lots of office type of embellishments.  I thought that would help butch it up a bit, since  I always want to add ribbon and glitter to everything :)

I hope you can join us at the Hambo Hoedown for our Newspaper challenge this week!  Don't have any Hambo stamps?  Click here for a freebie.

Have a great day!

Challenges for this card:
Crafty Sentiments-No Patterned Paper
Partytime Tuesday-Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown-Primary Colors
House of Gilli-Recycle and Texture
One Stop Craft-No Designer Paper
Crafts 4 Eternity-At Least 1 Metal Embellishment
Crafty Catz-Happy Birthday

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Markers: Copic, Punches: EK Success & Stampin' Up!, Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug, Office supplies from my stash.

15 comments:

She's a Color Queen said...

This is super cute! Very clever how you have the newspaper in his hands!!! Love it!

Whimsey said...

FABULOUS; love that arrow - absolutely adorable; great, bold colors too!

Hugs!

Amanda R said...

So whimsical Karin and I love all the office supply accents. Great card!

Gina Lindsay said...

Perfect masculine card!! I think the red accents are perfect here along with the black and white.

Janette said...

Love your card Karin, thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

1CardCreator said...

Great card Karin, I love the page he is reading, so clever to insert it that way! Lots of details made this special!

pinky said...

Brilliant card Karin, your cards always make me smile. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

The Paper Parade said...

Karin, I love that you not only used newsprint in the background, but you put it on the actual papers in the newscaster's hands! Awesome :)

Gerlinde said...

Love this card, Karin! It's all in the details, and you've nailed it!

TannyP said...

I would never have guessed that you struggle at all with cards for the guys...this is fabulous! Love the coloring, girl...you're a superstar =) The details are all spot on!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous! This is wonderful card for a guy. I love the details like the arrows, paper clip and other fun embellies. The newspaper background is awesome.

Anonymous said...

This is such a fun card!! LOVE the newspaper print and your use of the primary colors here!! :) Thanks so much for joining with us at the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge this week!! Smiles, *Vicki* - Oct GDT

Lindsey said...

Totally fun card! Awesome colouring on his jacket.

Steph Lee (Arty Carty) said...

awesome card!!! You just nailed this masculine card!! Thanks for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown. xxx Steph

Anonymous said...

Very fun card! I really like how you used real newspaper on this, and all the real office-type accessories -- very clever! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Tuesday Throwdown. :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails