Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, October 24, 2011

Holiday Penguins

Hi Everyone,

Did you enjoy the weekend?  We had some nice weather and our Browns even won their boring as all get out football game, so things here are good...lol!

I wanted to share a couple of cards that I made using the the set Playful Pengies from Sparkle N Sprinkle.  This month many of their animal stamps are on sale for 15% off, you can check out all the specials right here.

I shared these on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog over this past month, but I wanted show off these cuties here too.  This first card is a Z Fold (I know, I make these cards often) and the specifics on the products can be found here.


I love this adorable Candy Cane Pengie and I added some Celestial glitter using Brushable Glue around the image.  I tied it all together with some gold edged pink ribbon and a gold snowflake charm from my stash.


For this second card, I created the background using the Snowflurries stamp from the set along with some Firecracker Red embossing powder.  Again specific deets can be found right here.


Our next blog hop is November 10-11, so mark your calender.  There are always GREAT prizes to be had!


Thanks for stopping in here...  I'm hoping to package up my Halloween treats today, so that I'm ready to go on the big night.  Well, let's be real.  It's mostly to keep me from eating them :)  

Challenges for these cards:
Christmas Inspirations-Die cuts or Punches
PanPastel-Glitter/Glitz
Designed to Delight-Cute Critters
Totally Gorjuss-Pastel Christmas

13 comments:

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Loved your cards. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Inspirations challenges. We hope you will play again next challenges.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards, love the penguins they are so cute and your glittered edges look fab. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel UK challenge blog
Lindsay xx

Unknown said...

Hi Karin,

Fab cards !!! As you have entered both designs in one link that's fine as usually a 2nd entry needs to have PanPastel in the design we will only add you to the random draw once.Thanks for sharing with us at PanPastel UK hope to see you again next week.

Kerry

TannyP said...

These turned out beautifully, Karin! I love those penguins and you've paired them perfectly with the papers and dies. I really like the green dots and embossing on the second card.

pinky said...

Two lovely cards Karin, the penguin certainly is a cutie.

April said...

These are really cute, Karin! great job!

Unknown said...

Two super cute penguin cards! Thanks for sharing with our Crafting When We Can Challenge :)

Amanda R said...

Adorable Karin! I might need to try one of these z-fold cards, I don't really do unusual folds but would be good to branch out a bit. Oh, Go Steelers! Ha ha!

Lindsey said...

Such cute cards -- love the penguins!

Im just me - Marleen said...

Fun, Fab card. Love them both..
Marleen PanPastel uk xxx

Monica said...

Soooo cute, Karin.

xxx Monica

PS: Sorry for short comment... sleepy as hell but could not resist blogging.

xxx Monica

lindyloo said...

super cards thank you for sharing with us at the PanPastels lindyloo

Carol said...

Gorgeous card, love the penguin. Thanks for joining us at CWWC this time. Carol DT x

Related Posts with Thumbnails