Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Give Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've been showing off a lot of Halloween cards that I've made, so I thought I would change it up and post an autumn themed card today.

Recently DRS Designs released this sweet Squirrel with Acorn stamp. How perfect for fall right? We have so many of them in our yard and they are so cute gathering their nuts to store up for the winter months. I used the Fall Leaf with Acorn stamp for my background, and stamped and colored up a few extra acorns as embellishments.



The new Thanks Unto the Lord sentiment is perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday that is coming up next month. Is it wrong that I can almost smell the turkey already? lol!

If you want more Thanksgiving inspiration, stop by the DRS Designs blog to see my other card featured there today :)

Have a good one!



Details not listed above-Paper: the Paper Company, Ink: Memento, Stampin' Up!, Markers: Copic, Punch: Stampin' Up! Twine from my supplies.

6 comments:

TannyP said...

You smell the turkey because I ate a ton of it this weekend ;) Seriously, I wonder if some people in the family didn't have turkey sweats after supper. HAHA

Gorgeous card - that squirrel is adorable and you really did it up right on this card, Karin. Love that border, the twine and the background!

pinky said...

Its brilliant, beautifully coloured, he actually looks furry Karin!

Cheryl said...

Karin, this is beautiful! I love the how you put everything together - the beautifully colored image, the stamped DP, the neutral colors. Totally love this!

Amanda R said...

So cute Karin and I love the little acorns you used on the side, adorable!

Monica said...

Love this squirrel to bits... so cute. And what lovely woody colours... the jute string bow looks PERFECT.

xxx Monica

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

It was Thanksgiving in Canada this past weekend? Maybe the aroma came from there? lol
Really adorable card. Love that squirrel and great coloring.
Cheesy

Related Posts with Thumbnails