Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Frankie

Hi Everyone,

I want to tell you that this is the last card that I'm making with the set Halloween Doodles by Lindsay's Stamp Stuff.  I really do.  I have enough Halloween cards, so I think this Frankie (isn't he sweet?) will have to be the last one for this year.


However, did you notice that darling little scarecrow in the set below?   I think he might make an appearance on a Thanksgiving card...lol!  The card above was made from scraps. Everything, even the die cuts were from my box of stuff that I save if I decided not to use it.  The only thing I cut from scratch (off the spool) was that purple ribbon.  Pretty good, eh?


Well, short and sweet from me today.  I have some ladies coming over for a card making/ swap session, so while I'm not blogging, I'll be stampin'!

For more inspiration stop by Lindsay's blog, The Frugal Crafter...

Have a great day!

Challenges for this card:
MyGrafico-Halloween
Craft Your Passion-Anything goes w/ribbon
Crafty Cardmakers-Anything Goes
Paper Playtime-Black Orange Purple
Stamp with Fun-Halloween
Pink Elephant-Trick or Treat
Lollipop Crafts-Halloween
Really Reasonable Ribbon-Halloween and ribbon


Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Remineces, Unknown source, Stamp: Studio G, Punch: Stampin' Up, DieCuts: Nestabilities, Papertrey Ink, Ribbon: Michaels.

20 comments:

Doreen said...

Great crd Karin,love the cute image.xxx

Monica said...

He is so cute and so are the papers. I love the way you have combined two different nesties. Very unusual.

xxx Monica

Unknown said...

I totally LOVE this! Awesome!

Doreen said...

very cute image *lol* - love this
thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week
Doreen x

Anonymous said...

Oh how adorable! Your cards are always so awesome!

susan said...

Cute card and image! Nice to see Frankie done in such cute colors, too. Thanks for joining us at I DID IT CREATIONS CHALLENGE # 75! Good Luck!

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Cute image and nice colors, thanks for playing with us at Come and Get It.
Cindy

Donna Ellis said...

Karin, I don't know how you do it time and again - you really do have an "i" for paper. Love all the combinations you come up with, flavors, textures, feelings - all very artful. LOVE the coloring on Frankie here. Great card! Thanks for sharing.

1CardCreator said...

Frankie is adorable and again lovin the punches! Sorry I missed so many posts, my eyes stopped watering and I can read again, yay!

downrightcrafty said...

wow what a great creation and perfect for our Halloween Challenge at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx

pinky said...

i am in love with Frankie lol, isn't he just a cutie, definitely wouldn't scare me...I think. Had to laugh at the cats lol. Cats eyes are little lights covered in rubber that run up the middle of a main road. You are not supposed to drive on them though lol, make the car go bumbity bump lol.

Anne said...

smashing card Karin:)
Thanks for playing along with Karen's Doodles
Anne x

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love your mix of papers.

Amanda R said...

Fantastic card Karin, especially since you used so many scraps!

Linda Loew said...

Wonderful card Karin! So Halloweenie.

TannyP said...

Pretty good? That's fantastic! Using scraps for an entire card and having it look this dang good?! Awesome =) I think Frankie is adorable. I also love your bow and all those fabulous papers. Great card!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant card and great image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.xx

Curly said...

OMGosh this is one gorgeously Spooky creation, I love the design and layout and fabulous colour theme too, its just perfect for our challenge

Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 154 Halloween
I hope you join us again next week,

Have a lovely day,
Good luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget :0) x.
SCSC DT

Micki said...

Too cute Karin..... and love the papers and card design. Cute - cute - cute!

Anonymous said...

Great Halloween card.Love your paper choices - perfect for the image.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
Lisa x

Related Posts with Thumbnails