Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Happy Day!

Hi Everyone!

Do you know what today is?? Yes, yes it is Groundhog Day, but that's not what I am referring to. For me it's a different holiday. The Oscar nominations are out today! Yay!

Yes, it's all true, I am a super geek and look forward to it every year. I also try to make it to all the Best Picture nominees, so that I have a rooting interest on award night. (AKA-my Superbowl.) I rarely ever manage to get to all of them, and for sure I won't this year. There are 10 movies instead of the usual 5. Give me a break. There is no way 10 deserve this...Puh-leeze! I must say, I have seen half of them though. Blah, blah... Enough, now.

Here is my card for today. PTI is having an anniversary celebration with free stamp downloads, so this is my card made with one of them. It can be used for a guy birthday or any day! There are prizes to be had, so check out the blog if you want to participate.

Hope you have a Happy Groundhog/Oscar/Regular Tuesday day!

Details-Stamps: PTI, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Paper: The Paper Company, Office Max, and an unknown source, Nesties, ribbon from my supplies.

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

Lovely card Karin! I love this stamp set. Your card showcases the image very well.


BTW - I actually got to attend an Oscar party in LA a few years ago for the last Lord of the Rings movie. It was AWESOME! Many of the stars from the movie showed up after the awards ceremony. But I digress....

Have a great day!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cute. Loving that tree!

Micki said...

Love this... Clean & Simple in my book = Beautiful. Love it.

Sprytebyrd said...

Lovely card, Karin! This is a great layout that I'm sure could be very versatile! Beautiful colors!
Dee

Jackie Solomon said...

Gorgeous card, the colors really pop.

Janelle said...

Love that little red bird in the tree! Really great card. Thanks for your visit to my blog and the sweet comment you left me!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a nice layout and pretty bow treatment. Good luck on the contest. I downloaded one of the images (the happy birthday in a circle) but I don't know if I will have time to make something and post it before the 7 am deadline tomorrow morning.

Diane Jaquay said...

Really GREAT card!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a cute little red bird accent. Wonderful take on the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

TannyP said...

LOL! You're too cute - I think we all have our geeky loves =) Great card...it all comes together so perfectly. All that red reminds me that I need to get some cards made. At least one!! HAHA

Related Posts with Thumbnails