Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sip and Relax

Good Evening Everyone! I'm participating in the monthly blog hop at Papertrey Ink. The theme was to create something inspired by the design team here, and I have a project inspired by Nichole Heady. Here is her Trifold Teabag Card, and you can find her instructions here on her blog.





I made mine for my best friend's mom who celebrated a milestone birthday yesterday. When I was in high school, this lovely lady worked in the fine china section of a department store, and to this day, she keeps in touch with her old co workers. Many of the get togethers are over tea...This turned out to be the most appropriate set of stamps and project to celebrate this happy occasion. Thanks Nichole!
I used the Birthday Basics set for the inside sentiment...



And I loved using two sided paper for this project...Made the finished project complete without a lot of doing on my part. Gotta love easy!


Thanks for hopping by!
These are the challenges this card is entered in.
Moxie Fab-Birthday-Olympics of Stamping
Kaboodle Doodles-Fancy Folds
Lexi Creations-Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts-Lots of Spots

Details-Stamps:PTI, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Punches: M. Stewart, Paper Shapers, Stampin' Up!, Paper: Heidi Grace, Martha Stewart, Nesties, Ribbon from my supplies.


45 comments:

Pretty-In-Ink said...

So cute and pretty! and I love cards that relate to the recipient!

Lea L. said...

This is very pretty!! Great job with the challenge!

♥Lea

Karen C said...

What a great gift! It is beautiful!

Anika said...

I love this project! Beautiful!

Elizabeth S. said...

So pretty!! What a wonderful project.

Diane Jaquay said...

Karin, your project is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely project!

Lori said...

I bet she loved this and how appropriate for her!! Great project!

Amanda said...

Wow, what a great gift card... I really like the stamp you used.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week..

Amanda :0)

Marge said...

One of my fav sets too & I'm sure she'll LOVE it!!!

Shay said...

Love your tea project! You did a great job. I can't wait to explore your blog more later.

Unknown said...

What a pretty project - great job!! :)

Rosanne said...

A wonderful gift!

Sue said...

Hi Karin
wow this is gorgeous what a lovely card to receive, beautiful creation. Thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Lorraine A said...

fabulous creation ,, i love this teapot and the papers are perfect ! :-) I am sure she will love this wonderful gift :-)

thanks for joining us on the Totally Papercrafts Challenge :-)

luv
Lols x x

Saskia said...

Thanks for taking part at Lexi's Creations Challenge with your beautiful work!

Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

lalkygirl said...

a lovely gift,i love it
thanks for joining us at lexis creations and good luck in the challenges
lalkygirl x

Poppy said...

love it,it's gorgeous.
poppy

Sue Ann said...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT.............

Lizzie Jones said...

Beautiful work! I'm sure your friend's mom will love it! Thanks for sharing!

Kelly S. said...

Love the paper-pieced teapot and this perfectly coordinated little set...what a lovely gift!

Dana said...

This is very pretty. I like the double sided PP and your adorable little teapot!

peggysue said...

That is a cute little tea holder, nice blog too!

Taheerah said...

Stunning set, beautifully done!

Cammie said...

What a beautiful gift to give this woman. Your card is a wonderful tribute to Nichole.

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

Very nice hun!! I love the envelopes!

Thanks for your kindness on my blog about the Cricut, you're so sweet! Hugs to you!

Anne said...

Fabulous card, thanks for playing along with Lexi's Creations and Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Georgie said...

gorgeous card
Thanks for playing along at Lexis Creations

Laural-Lee said...

Love love love it!!! Love the pink!

Heidi M said...

Hi Karin! Awesome card! Love the 2 sided paper that you used and the idea to include tea bags in the card! Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers.

Heidi :)

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Nice job recreating Nichole's project! They turned out so pretty. They'll make wonderful gifts.

Faye said...

what a brilliant idea and card, so creative, thanks for playing at Kaboodles. x

Cheryl said...

Karin, very nice and so sweet. She will love it. I like when you can customize the card to the receipient.

P.S. I love the polka dot paper you used.

mudmaven said...

This is just beautiful. Wonderful use of colors and papers and the stamps are just wonderful, as always. Thanks for playing our Kaboodle Doodle challenge. ~chris

Tracey said...

This is fab & what a great idea :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi’s Creations.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love this. Very clever and very pretty papers. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles. Hope to see you back for the next challenge. Marianne x

Mandy said...

Hi Karin
Really love your latest make.It's really great to try something new in crafting.
My friend is bringing me some crafting goodies from Texas at the weekend when he comes home to visit his parents.
He's even bought me some bunches but he did have to ring me to check what he was buying.
Can't wait.
Take care
LOL Mandy

Anonymous said...

What a warm and wonderful birthday card! Love the design. Thanks for playing the Gingersnap Creations Birthday Greeting Challenge!

Maureen said...

this is fabulous! What a great idea :) Love the colours :)

Jill said...

Really love your creations for Kaboodledoodles, thanks for playing along. Jill

Lilacanglia said...

Loving the teapot,
Thanks for joining in the fun at kaboodle doodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

Kay said...

Darling!! Anyone would love to get such a wonderful gift! ♥♥ Kay

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

WONDERFUL card, love the fold and how you put the tea bags in the pockets - very clever! TFS and for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karin! Thanks for entering the Olympics of Stamping in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails