Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Major Thank You

Hi Everyone,


This post today is mostly personal, so if you don't care to read about my life, this is when you click to the next blog...LOL!


I want to send out a big, massive thank you to my blogging friend and Lindsay's Stamp Stuff design team mate, Cheryl, for her sweet generous gesture. She offered to send me some Flower Soft on Monday, and it arrived in the mail yesterday! (Way to go USPS!) How awesome is that? I can't wait to give it a try...Woo-Hoo!


She also included this darling little card! Isn't it cute? I love the little white doodle dot accents she added to the background stamping...What a sweet surprise :) You rock my friend!


I have said before, I will never cease to be amazed at how you can form "friendships" over the Net with people you have never met, or that live somewhere else in the world. Just a modern day pen pal I guess.


It reminds me of a stamp I saw (don't remember where, or what company makes it ) that said, "I love the Internet. All my friends live there!" Ha!



I mentioned that I joined a book club. This is the next pick. I have barely started it, but I thought I'd post it here in case someone was looking for a book idea. (If you have read it, let me know what you thought) I will let you know in March what a bunch of women from middle America thought of it :)








Previously I have said that I try to see as many Oscar picks as possible before the show, so that I have a rooting interest when watching. Since Rod was on vacation last week, we managed to see these movies. I won't say a lot about them, everyone likes something different, and really, who am I anyway...right?


Watched this on Pay per View, and mostly with my head turned from the screen or through my fingers because my hands were covering my face. Constantly said, "What's happening now?" (How annoying am I?) If you are not a fan of war, probably not for you. Good movie though, very intense. Left me feeling exhausted.


British movie. If you are American, and don't like "accents", probably not for you. Girl who played the lead, Carey Mulligan, was wonderful! Loved her and Alfred Molina who plays her father in the movie.


They say Jeff Bridges is a sure thing to win Best Actor for this. I guess I have no objections. However, my pick would be for Colin Firth for his work in A Single Man.



I guess if I had to recommend on of these movies for my blog visitors, this would be the one. Pretty mainstream and super sweet. I have no idea how one could not like this movie. It's about food and blogging, right? The only way it could be better, was if it was about cards and blogging -LOL :)


I just realized, we also saw "A Serious Man" as well. Oh well, no cute movie photo for this one. It was kinda bizarre, a black comedy and I don't know of anyone in my life that I could say, "Hey, you would love this movie!" to, so I will not say that to a bunch of blogging card makers either.


Well, we did do other things last week too, but I will leave it at that for now. I'm planning a post for later on today...I have the project made, but with lots to do today, I won't make any promises.


If you stuck with me this long, thanks! You rock almost as much as Cheryl!


Have a great day everyone!

P.S. The "Think Pink" challenge is still going on at I Love Digi. Go there and link up your pink card to win free digi stamps!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

You're so sweet. No problem at all. I can't wait to see your fabulous projects.

Have a great day!

Angela Toucan said...

that is a cute card, how thoughtful

Gina Lindsay said...

I am continually amazed at the friendships I have made through blogging and the internet too. I received a package this week too, from a blogger friend just because I mentioned that I didn't have something yet and she had an extra.

I've read Snow Flower and the Secret Fan. It was an interesting look into a culture so different from anything I can imagine. It's a well written book and I have enjoyed her others as well.

I love Julie and Julia too!

TannyP said...

I, too, am amazed by the assortment of friends I've come across through blogging. Amazing people!

I'm so glad Cheryl was able to share the flower soft. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I have some, but I've rarely pulled it out.

Lindsay Weirich said...

Awww, How sweet of Chery to send you the card and goodies! The only movie I saw from the bunch was jules and julia and I liked it! Have a great weekend girl!

Related Posts with Thumbnails