Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Rain or Shine

Hi All!First things first...I want to mention that Lindsay has a sale going on in her shop today through Feb. 22nd. All holiday sets, this includes Valentine's day, are on sale for 50% off! Also, everything else is on sale for 25% off through this weekend. Stop on over to Lindsay's Stamp Stuff to partake of the savings!


Now, on with the card chatter...


I made this card for a non traditional Valentine challenge and never posted it...Oh well. Since it's not red or pink, and just about love, it will just stay in my stash for when I may need it.



I made the background myself using my one blue Copic marker and paper pieced the bird and umbrella. Clean, simple and straight forward with a sentiment I made on the computer...


These are the challenges this card is linked to:

Cute Card Thursday-Love
Design Dollies-Valentine
Treehouse Thursday-Love
Stampin' Royalty-Love/Valentine
Belli Challenge-Ribbon

Hope the sun is shining brightly where ever you are!

Details-Paper: The Paper Company, Office Max and unknown source, Ink: Versafine, Stamps: Stampin' Up!, Ribbon: American Crafts Punch: McGill and Nesties

15 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love this darling birdie! Very cute card. I like the custom-made bg.

Micki said...

oh wow, you did an awesome job on the background paper. I would not have guessed you made it yourself..... I love the card..... and love that ribbon....

hugs

TannyP said...

Very cute, Karin! You're so darn talented. Amazing background =)

Heidi said...

That's very cute Karin! Wow I can't get over you linking all those challenges to one card! Great Job!

Sprytebyrd said...

Really cute card, Karin! Love the little birdie and your background is so clever! I never would have thought that! You should check out the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge blog - this weeks challenge is Love is in the Air, with a twist to use no hearts! :)

Dee

Yaneri said...

Hi Karin!
This is so darling!! Love the little birdie! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Treehouse Blog!
Hope to see you again next Thursday for another fun Treehouse Thursday Challenge!

Yaneri - DT Member

Deb said...

gorgeous card, fab image and love those colours, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

Ange McKay, North Shore Stamper said...

so cute! I love the background! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Awww.. that is sooo cute! I love that you did not use the usual red and pink! :-)
Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

Paul said...

Great card. The paper piecing looks great - always like the look at the end but I find it so fiddly that I loose patience!!!
TFS
Paul

savvy teaching tips said...

What a great sentiment to add to this card. Very cute - thanks for playing with us at Stampin Royalty.

Sarah said...

cute little birdy! Thanks for playing along with us at SR!

Unknown said...

Very cool! Such a cutie birdie!!! Thanks for playin with us Dollies!

Chrissy D said...

Oh great card! Love the sentiment too! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge! Join us again on Wednesday!

Maria Matter said...

what a super sweet card Karin!!!

Thank you for playing along at Creative Belli!
Blessings, Maria

Related Posts with Thumbnails