Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

You're Dandy

Hi Everyone!

Thanks for visiting me today...I have been so busy, I feel like I haven't been able to gather my thoughts and share anything lately! Sheesh!

First off, I want to thank Nancy, my My Grafico design teammate for thinking of me and passing on this sweet award. She is so kind, and lives all the way in Norway! It still amazes me how small the world has become due to the Internet. The closest I've ever been to Norway is Epcot at Disney World...LOL!

As far as passing this along, I want to give it to everyone! In the past I have selected some folks who have been especially kind to me, and of course they can have it again. But maybe you know of someone who is deserving, so my invitation this time is for you...take it and pass it on! Spread the love my friends! Isn't it cute?
Now, on to my random cards that I made just for fun. I originally purchased this stamp set from Practicing Creativity for someone else. She has been looking for dandelion stamps for a long time. Well, this set sat on my table for 3 days and I just couldn't take it...I HAD to stamp with it! Look at those cute dandelions with the seeds blowing off...How could I resist?
It also came with a kite that I paper pieced. Instead of the bow that came with the set, I chose to add real ribbons to the tail.



This card has some rainbow embossing powder.


And the stamp I used to make the rays of sunshine on one the previous cards? I used it to make the background on both of these...How's that for versatility?

I guess my generous spirit wasn't quite so generous. I will, however, send her one of these cards and tell her she can borrow the stamps whenever she wants :)
Hope your day is just dandy!

Details: Stamps:Practicing Creativity, Paper: The Paper Company, Ink: Versafine, Stampin' Up!, Embossing Powder: JoAnn's, Punches: Stampin' Upp!, Paper Shapers, Ribbon and rhinestones from my supplies.

7 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Ha ha Karen what a great story! I love it. And love all your cards! That last one is pure genius!

Cheryl said...

These cards are great! I love every one of them. Yes, every one.

What a fun story!

Maria Matter said...

oh, I would not have been able to let them go either! lol

Fabulous cards hun!
Blessings, maria

jjcreations said...

All of these dandelion cards are fantastic. Wow!

Heidi said...

I love the cards Karin and that's a great story! I wouldn't have taken the set either!

Gina Lindsay said...

Every one of these are great! I love them all. I just got this stamp set the other day and haven't inked it yet, thanks for all the inspiration!!

Stephanie said...

these are terrific! aren't Courtney's sets fabulous...no wonder you had to ink it up :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails