Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Best Fishes

Hi Everyone!



Happy Friday! Are you looking forward to the weekend? I am, and here's hoping the weather around this town of mine is better than this past week. Lots of rain and just plain cold lately. April sure was nicer than May for us.



With all the sketches you can find out on the Internet, you would think I wouldn't waste my valuable stamping dollars on a magazine with sketches in it, but what can I say? I did. It's Papercrafts, Go To Sketches and it was worth every over priced penny I paid...LOL! This is where I got this card idea from.



I used Scrolls Work Stamps for this card, specifically Fish 2 #5012. I stamped the fish, cut them out with a circle punch and simply colored them each a color from the rainbow. The sentiment was computer generated, and I like that this card could be used for any number of occasions and is not gender specific.

I love that they extend over the top of the card. That part was my idea ;-) I also pulled out a neglected embossing plate that has waves on it. Yay!



Thanks for visiting me and my easy peasy card today...Have a good one!

Challenges for this card are as follows:
Practical Scrappers-Punches
Sisterhood of Scrap-Embossing
Lexi's Creations-Animals
Crafty Calender-Great Outdoors
Crafty Ann's-Anything Goes

Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Georgia Pacific, Ink: Versafine; Markers: Bic Mark-its, Punches: Stampin' Up!, Embossing Plate: Fiskars.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Cute! Great card.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card and great use of punches as well! Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers!!

Amanda said...

Awww, what a great card.. I love all the fish and wave the wave embossing.. Thanks for joining us at Practical Scrappers this week..

Amanda:0)

Lexi said...

Oh this is cuteee :D Thanks for playing at Lexi's Creations

Hugs Lexi xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails