Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Better Late Than Never...

Hi All,

It's Thursday and that means the team from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff has some great ideas for you.

I'm using the Vintage Alice Printables  for the very first time. I thought this image would be perfect for a very specific kind of bithday card. The kind you have to send when, whoops! You forgot to send one! I colored the image with chalks for a soft look, and then paired it with bold, graphic and modern looking papers. I really like the contrast between the two. The sentiment outside...



and inside is a traditional stamp.

Thanks for dropping by! Remember to visit Lindsay's blog to see what kind of surprise she has for you, as well as the rest of the design team.

Lindsay (Owner and Designer)

Cheryl (DT Coordinator)




Shannon


Melissa

Tracey

Lisa


Cindi

Rebekah


Margie

Thanks for visiting.  Hope your week is going well.  Try and squeeze in a little time for something fun!
Details not listed above-Paper: Bazzil, Georgia Pacific, Basic Grey, Chalk: Stampin' Up, Stamps: Studio G, Nesties and ribbon from my supplies.

Challenges for this card are as follows:
Crafty Cardmakers-Inside Out
Crazy Challenge-Something New
Stamp Scrap and Doodle-Masculine
Our Creative Corner-Masculine B-Day

19 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh Karin this is nice! I love the layers and the second layer with all those colors is awesome! I love it!

Leanne said...

Great card Karin!! I love all the bright colors!

TannyP said...

Oh what a great job! Love that chalkwork, Karin. You've got such a good eye for pairing different feels of paper and making it work.

Lindsay Weirich said...

HA! that is perfect, I need to keep these on hand for when I forget, love it!

ljurecek said...

Great shape and yes, the bold colors make quite a statement!

Unknown said...

I love these colors! what a cute idea for that stamp!

Cheryl said...

Great card! I love the bright colors paired with this image.

Kendra said...

I love the shape of this card, it makes the layers really pop! Thanks for joining in our masculine challenge at SSDS!

Melissa Craig said...

Wonderful card Karin! All the layers are just fabulous!!

Mrs. Fence said...

Oh, I love it! I'm always sending out late birthday cards...this gives me some great inspiration. The Alice set is a favorite of mine.

Margie said...

I love it! It is the perfect image for a belated birthday card, too

Faye said...

Wow, this is an incredible card, love the image and how you've coloured it. x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great idea for a belated birthday card (which most of the ones I send are lol) love the contrast with the bright papers

Thank you for joining us at 'The Crazy Challenge' this week!!

hugs shell xx

Gina Lindsay said...

I love the look of the chalks on your image, perfect for a vintage touch. That paper is great too!

Cindi said...

how cool is this!! love the retro feel of it
:)

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Awesome Karin! Which nestie is that - I'm thinking it "needs" to be in my collection too!

Nana said...

Very nice! Thank you for playing along with us at "Crazy challenge"!
hugs Nana

Phred said...

fab card

glad you joined us at craftycardmakers

lv toria

Vixykins said...

Sweet card Karin, love the patchwork and how youve placed a strip inside to match the front, lovely x

Thank You for playing at Crafty Cardmakers inside out challenge x

Related Posts with Thumbnails