Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

This and That

Good Morning everyone!

I have been busy with random stuff, so here are some bits and pieces from my life.

1. Went to see the movie Babies.
2. Did yard work all day yesterday.
3. The city is currently working on fixing our street, so it's really noisy outside.
4. My mother-in-law is on what I consider continuous improvement with regarding her fractured back.
5. My neighbor hit a deer.  They are ok.  The car is not.
6. Ate at the Treehugger Cafe. Yum!
7. I'm waiting for the sprinkler system guy to show up at my house today.
8. I'm impatiently waiting for the new season of Mad Men to start.
9. In the mean time, I'm watching the second season of Thirtysomething.  Remember that show?
10. Currently reading Pillars of the Earth.  It's almost 1000 pages.  I'm on page 600.
11. Took a break from reading about the Middle Ages in Pillars and just finished The Help.  Loved it.
12.  Another neighbor brought back my mason jar filled with these lovely peonies from her yard.
Finally, here is a simple get well card I made using up these crummy, generic band aids that don't stick to your finger. 
This is linked to the following challenges:


Thanks for dropping by... Hope your having a good week!

Details- Paper: The Paper Company, Stamps: PTI, Printworks, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Corner rounder

7 comments:

Belinda said...

That is such a cute and simple idea to use a band aid for a get well card. Love it!

Samantha said...

What a great idea for this card Karin! I love it!
My mom gave me some peonies on Sunday and now my whole house is 'peony scented'! So pretty!

TannyP said...

You're a genius! I really had a good laugh when I read your card description because I totally know what you mean about crummy generic bandaids. You've been a busy bee - I enjoyed Mad Men for the episodes we've watched, but I do find it a little weird to watch a pregnant woman smoking & drinking =) I need to be stuffed into your purse next time you hit up that Cafe....looks DELISH!

Kimberly S said...

That is bad luck that they don't stick to your finger, but they sure do make a cute card! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

What a clever idea! May be a simple card but what an impact it makes lol ;-) Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

Cheryl said...

Great idea! I totally love this Karin. Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. We hope you will join us again.

mudmaven said...

Love that bandaid! Thanks so much for playing our Sentimental Sundays challenge. Hope to see you play again soon. ~chris

Related Posts with Thumbnails