Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Shape Card

This is my second post today...Please scroll down for the current I Love Digi challenge. You won't be disappointed, it uses an image from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff!

Hi again!

This is the Patriotic Collection of stamps the image I'm using today came from. My card isn't patriotic, so it just goes to show you the versatility of the stamps from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff!

I fell in love with this pocket and knew I wanted to pair it up with a traditional stamp about friendship that I have in my collection.




This week I chose to make a shaped card, and this paper pieced pocket was perfect for this circle.


I used 2 brads as the rivets and roughed up the edges of my card with the edge of my scissors.



A close up of the sentiment...(I love that the word blue is actually blue...lol!)




I also used a traditional stamp for the little pocket flag. That was an add on, when I realized the card was missing something. I literally woke up in the night with this thought! Ya know your in deep, when you dream about paper crafts!




Stop by the rest of the design team blogs by clicking below. They always have some great ideas and Lindsay's blog always has a great surprise too!



Lindsay (Owner and Designer)

Cheryl (DT Coordinator)
Jennifer
Rhonda
Micki
Shannon
LeAnne
Margie
Lisa
Tracey
Melissa
Tamara
Cindi
Rebekah




The challenges this card is linked to are: Crafty Cardmakers - distressing, Crafty Ann's and Dare U 2 Digi Stamp-Anything Goes


Details not listed above-Paper: The Paper Company, Georgia Pacific, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Markers: Marvy, Punches: Marvy, Circle cutting tool: Creative Memories, Traditional Stamps: Stampin' Up!, Inique Boutique, ribbon and brads from my supplies.

20 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card Karin - thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's and I hope we'll see you for the blog hop on the 21st too.
Ann x

Beryl said...

A lovely card Karin - great design and lovely sentiment.
Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Beryl xx

ljurecek said...

Oh, cute, cute circle card! I'm not always crazy about circle cards, but yours turned out perfect and what a great sentiment for this card. Love it, Karin!

Mrs. Fence said...

What a truly fun card! What is better than a good friend, and a good pair of jeans? I love all the special touches on this one!

Mrs. Fence said...

Ok, a good friend, a good pair of jeans, and a good cup of coffee. :)

Shannon - Desert Designs said...

Both cards are awesome Karin! I saw a preview of your shaped card at Crafty Ann's - I posted right after you did.

Lindsay Weirich said...

How unique! I love that red tag in the jean pocket, well done!

Melissa Craig said...

What a fun card!

Cheryl said...

Cute! The little tag on the pocket is the perfect touch.

coldwaters2 said...

This is one great card love the circle design and that pocket thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x

Dragonlady said...

Hi hun

Great card to show off the brilliant stamps.

Hugs Ali x

Cindi said...

what a cool card!! great job
:)

Unknown said...

What a cute idea! I love the little red tag!

Bekah said...

so cute! I love circle cards.

Unknown said...

Karin, this is adorable! I love this one, the style is so unique. Great job on this one!

Rhonda said...

This card is so unexpected...I love it! Awesome!!

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Karin, what a gorgeous and fun card. Thanks for taking part in Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight and we hope to see you back again very soon - maybe even for the blog hop on 21 May 2010. Best wishes, Kym xxx

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Fabulous work! Thanks for joining the DU2DS Challenge this time.

Michelle said...

A fabulous entry for DU2DS This week. Thanks for joining us.
x Michelle

Vixykins said...

What a lovely creation, so different :)

Thank you for playing at Crafty Cardmakers distressed challenge x

Related Posts with Thumbnails