Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fancy Flowers for Mom

Hi Friends!

Today is the day that the entire Lindsay's Stamp Stuff team is posting their Mother's Day creations for you. Remember, from now on, I will be bringing you my weekly Lindsay's Stamp Stuff posts on Thursday's from here on out :)

I chose to use what might be one of my favorite LSS images from the set Fancy Flowers. It seemed perfect for the card I was making for my Mother's Day card for my mother- in-law. It also uses a freebie sentiment from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff called Lovely Tickets.


I used this paper on my post earlier this week and combined it with a traditional flourish stamp for embellishment on the solid card base.

The rest of the team has lots of new ideas too, so stop by the team blogs by clicking below.

Lindsay (Owner & Designer) Visit her blog for a freebie today!
Jennifer
Cheryl (Coordinator)
Micki
Rhonda
LeAnne
Margie
Lisa
Erin
Tracy
Melissa
Tamara
Cindi
Rebekah

Here are the challenges this card is linked to:

Creative Card Crew-April showers bring May flowers
Forever Friends-Flowers and Nature
Kaboodle Doodle-Celebrate Spring
Pink Elephant- Mommy I Love You
Totally Stampalicious-Flower Power

Thanks ever so much for the visit today...If you think about it, say a prayer for my Mom in law, she is having severe back issues and we are trying to help her deal with them. Pray for wisdom for the doctors as they continue to evaluate her.

Details not listed above- Paper: The Paper Company, Georgia Pacific, Unknown source, Markers: Copic, Bic Mark its, Punches: Stampin' Up!, Nesties, Stickles, Chalk: Stampin' Up, ribbon and rhinestones from my supplies.

21 comments:

Lilacanglia said...

Fabulous card,
love the colours,
Thanks for joining in at Kaboodle Doodles this week,
Hugs
Angie

Leanne said...

Wow! This is sooo pretty! I love the colors! I also love how you used your flourish stamps to create the base. I will keep your mother in law in my prayers and I do hope they can find out soon what the problem is! Hugs!!

mudmaven said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for our Celebrate Spring challenge on Kaboodle Doodles. ~chris

Joycelyn Pelkey said...

STUNNING!!!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for playing along with TOtally Stampalicious!!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

beautiful coloring!

Cheryl said...

This is gorgeous! I love the papers, the LO, just everything. Great job!

I hope your MIL is doing better soon.

Jen said...

Lovely colour combination. I love those papers.
Thanks for joining in at the Creative Card Crew this time.
Hugs
Jen x

ljurecek said...

Oh, very pretty, Karin! Really looks good with the image turned at an angle. Great papers too!

Unknown said...

What a pretty color combination!

Cindi said...

what a beautiful card!! I really like how you colored it too
:)

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [06 May 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Faye said...

Wow, Karin, your card is just so pretty! Thanks so much for playing at Kaboodles again. x

Melissa Craig said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Karin! I love the Cosmos image and you did such a beautiful job with the details.

My family is Hispanic, so we're pretty far from the German heritage, but my older sister is Karin, Karinanne actually. When she was a kid, she used to spell it Karen, but went with the "i" later because she didn't under why to change it to an e when the i was already there! LOL

Carol said...

very pretty. thank you!

Mrs. Fence said...

Beautiful colors, coloring, image...card! This is lovely!

Sheri Gilson said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!!
Sheri-TPE DT

TannyP said...

That's the most fabulous coloring! Love this, Karin!!

Margie said...

That's one of my favorite stamps-and you made a beautiful card with it!

Joaniebolognie said...

Gorgeous card!

Silvia said...

Just devine, Karin! You really rocked this card.

Thanks for playing along with us at TPE.

joanne wardle said...

the colouring on your flower is so lovely

Related Posts with Thumbnails