Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Holiday Hello

Hi Everyone!

The theme this week for the design team for Lindsay's Stamp Stuff is quick and easy cards.  I have to say, this is right up my alley this time of year.  No matter how hard I try, I never can be on top of things the way I want to be. 

I decided to stick with this set named Winterland, since I used it before and still have scraps of paper on my craft table.


I used a piece of the argyle paper layered on a punched border. I wrapped it with a gauzy bow and added some embossed squares and a stamped sentiment.   

A snowflake gem finished it off.  Super simple.  This entire set contains cute clip art and paper that makes for easy projects in a hurry.

This is a second card that I whipped up using one of the images, the same paper and some lace.


You will definitely want some more easy peasy holiday card ideas, so pop by the blogs of Lindsay and the rest of the team.  You will be encouraged along the way, knowing that it is possible to be crafty even when feeling the time crunch :)

Lindsay(Owner & Designer)
Cheryl (DT Coordinator)

Challenges this is linked to are as follows-
My Grafico-Christmas
Stamps R Us-Holiday Card
Woodware USA-Anything Goes
Crafty Pad-Snowflakes
Scrappy Frogs-Christmas
2 Sisters Challenge-Non traditional Christmas Colors
Paper Sundaes-Adorn the Corners

Thanks for visiting today.

Details not listed above -Paper: The Paper Company, GP White, Ink: Stampin' Up!, Punches: EK Success, Embossing Folders: Cuttlebug, Stamps: Studio G, Lace and ribbon from my supplies.

24 comments:

jonim52 said...

Karin, what a great stamp set. I love your cards, very very cute!

Laurel said...

Very pretty!

TannyP said...

You're right - definitely fits in with this time of year for quick & easy! =)
Lovely cards. I really enjoy looking at the non-traditional colors and the sweet additions of lace and the bling. Beautiful job, Karin!

1CardCreator said...

Hey, I love the new look of your blog! Your cards are awesome, so many great ideas. ~Diane

Mrs. Fence said...

Love your new blog look! and REALLY LOVE these cards! They are both awesome! but the first one is my favorite. It reminds me of a snowy cottage. You really rocked this week!

Cindi said...

these are both super cards! i like that layout on the first one..I may have to case it
:)

jackiescrafts said...

Your cards are lovely with lots of texture, just perfect for our challenge
Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time

Jackie x

Cheryl said...

Very cute! I love your quick cards.

Margie said...

So pretty- it would have taken me more than ten minutes to do those, for sure!!

Lindsay Weirich said...

very pretty! the bow is supurb!

Maria Moorhouse said...

Great work! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad,dont forget next week is our 100th challenge-dont miss out on the fun and games!
Maria x

Carol Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol Ann said...

Two beautiful cards Karin with lots of texture. Thanks for playing along at CYDA this time.
Carol Ann xx

jimlynn said...

Both are so pretty - but that first one is "over the top"! Great classic layout and wonderful colors. So nice.
Thanks for playing at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Lynn

Emily Leiphart said...

I love pink and teal together and your cards are gorgeous! I especially love that lace panel in the background.

Rachel Hope said...

Fun Christmas cards!! Thanks for playing along with the Woodware USA Anything Goes Challenge!

Unknown said...

I love the punched border!!

TinaB said...

Fabulous! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad! Don't forget to join us on Sunday for our 100th Challenge! Hugs Tina xx

Unknown said...

Hey Karin! Fabulous cards. I love the colour combinations and that bow is to die for. Looking forward to "working" with you on the IBFD DT.

As a little get-to-know-you kind of thing, I have a little surprise for you on my blog in this post: http://catscrapfever.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-was-awarded-and-award.html

pinky said...

I love your two cards Karin, very modern colours and images:) We have only had one fall of snow here so far and it has lay for a full week now, but we are just at the start of another fall now, so treacherous paths today:(
Pinky

Dazie said...

Beautiful cars that fit our texture theme over at craft your days away perfectly!

Thanks for joining us!
Dazie
x

Clare Lloyd said...

Lots of lovely textures and fab big bow too! Thanks for joining us @CYDA. Good Luck. (GD)x

Micki said...

ooohhh love the cards. Love the textured squares but really love the 2nd card with the lace.... :-)...

Both cards are beautiful holiday cards :-)

hugs

Alica said...

very nice cards, love the colors and the border punch is great too!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Related Posts with Thumbnails