Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, December 27, 2010

You Rock!

Hi Everyone!

Have you recovered from this past weekend?  Are you now making plans for New Year's Eve?  We are still on the fence as to what we are doing. We are in a bit of a rut, as far as marking the last day of the year. I love to stay home and watch movies, but we have done that the past 2 years :) 

My card today uses one of the" toad-ally" cute Freddie the Frog images from I Brake For Digis.  I set out to make this into a guy card, but with the colors, ribbon and scallops it ain't happenin'. I do love how cute it is though, I guess I will just have to give it to a female ;) 

I pulled out my hand held sewing whatchamacallit and did some messy stitching around the edges of my card to add some texture.  Freddie is colored with Copics and the buttons are a Martha Stewart punch.  (Easier for mailing)


Be sure to hop on over to the I Brake For Digis store and grab yourself some Freddie Frogs, and to save some cash, use code SAVE10KARIN and you will receive 10% off your purchase price.

Have a great day!

Details not listed above are as follows-Paper:The Paper Comapany, Unknown source, Nesties and ribbon from my supplies.

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

This is awesome! What a fun image! I love the colors and the polka dot paper.

Cheryl said...

Oooh, I love those punched buttons too. I gotta get that punch!

pinky said...

Love your card Karin, the buttons are excellent. I love staying at home too on New Year's Eve and just having family round.

Emily Leiphart said...

What an adorable little frog! I love the colours and textures of those papers, too.

Karin said...

Hello Karin,
I have been so bussy the last days. I have neglected my blogmates. Sorry!
I love that little funny frog. And those buttons and the stitching.
Have a nice day... Here it's 0:40 in the night... so time for me to go to bed.
Greetings,
Karin

1CardCreator said...

This card really put a smile on my face! Love the stitching too! ~Diane

Chrissy D said...

This is such a FUN card - love the sentiment that you chose to go with this!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This card is so much fun...and you did such a wonderful coloring and embellishing to it as well. I really like this and it makes me grin big time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails