Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

What's Up With You?

Hi Everyone,

The design team from Lindsay's Stamp Stuff is taking the week off, but the store is always open. So, if you
 are feeling crafty, pop by and check out what's new and know that we will be back with lots of projects next week.

In the mean time, here's what's been happening with me. 

The night before my birthday last week, we went to see the Black Swan.  It was one of those psychological kind of thrillers, with a little bit of gore and smut thrown in.  It got OK reviews, so we thought we would take a gamble.  I give it a B-.  It kept my attention, the acting was good, not sure if the end really pays off for me...
.
  Then the hubby took me for dinner after at Pizzaria Cerino.  The hand tossed Primo Pesto pizza is to die for :) 


 

Yesterday there was a water main break near where the hubby works, and their building had no water.  So, closing down early meant we could go see the movie we really wanted to see last week, but wasn't out yet.

The King's Speech is getting rave reviews for good reason, it's pitch perfect in every respect.  Know that this movie is all talk, (with British accents) and no special effects (3-D glasses not required) and it rocks!  And Colin Firth is a bit of a dish, so that helps ;)  Maybe he will win the Oscar that I thought he should have won last year for his role in A Single Man.

See. It. Now.


My book club resumes back up in January.  God Never Blinks is our pick.  It's by a columnist who writes for the Cleveland Plain Dealer and it's basically a collection of her columns about life and observations.  Uplifting and heartfelt, it's one of those books that make an ideal gift.  Think graduation/ hostess gift.   


Here are a couple of my favorite gifts from this year.  Neither are lavish, but that is not what makes a gift great.

A Charlie Brown Tree complete with Linus's blanket and ornament.


And my very own Olivia!  Isn't she perfect?  She's one of my personal heroes in life.  Spunky, artistic, funny, loves to sing (even tho she's bad at it) is a fashionista and dreams big dreams for herself...I love to buy the Olivia books as gifts, and yes, I own them all myself :)


I have made her patron saint of my craft space.

We have officially decided to do what we did the last 2 years for New Year's Eve.  Stay in.  I got the Surf (lobster) and the Turf (beef tenderloin), so we will be eating well.  The question is, what movie to watch.

That's what is happening here, what's going on with you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Olivia is my fave too. My DD Nat is just like her. I always tell her, "Even though you wear me out, I love you." Trust me we have lived through many of the Olivia experiences in our house. :-)

May your New Year be blessed and fill with much love and joy!!Blessings and Hugs!

Emily Leiphart said...

Oh, you are so cute, Karin! I loved reading your movie and book reviews but even more so, I loved seeing your favourite gifts. I chuckled at little Olivia. I'm not familiar with her stories but I'll be sure to read them now!

Amber Alvarez said...

Ooh. I was GOING to watch the black swan, but my roommate saw it the day before i had planned to. Since she was still crying and goth-y the next day I nixed that idea and saw 'It's a Wonderful Life' at the IFCenter. Oldie,check. Goodie, check.

I am going to see True Grit with a certain blonde Rugby player today - because guess who only has to work until 3?!
Woot.

Today I bought 'Are you a Jackie or a Marilyn' for my Kindle. I will start it after I finish pouring over 'The Left Handed History of the World' A book that truly tells it like it is.

I'm jealous of book club. I hope your birthday was the tops and the ops. You are the best, and deserve the best. Obviously, Olivia is also the best.

Pam said...

I not only get more of the scoop on YOU everytime I read your blog, but I often get more of the skinny on my daughter (see above) heehee.
Due to your recommendations (which are always spot on) I will now skip the Black Swan, watch The King's Speech, and read God Never Blinks. I so appreciate your Charlie Brown Christmas tree which I hope will be placed in close proximity to your leg lamp. And although Miss Piggy is Amber's favorite pig, Olivia comes close for me. (Shhh...I know Amber has already been here so I will risk writing that:)
PS...Happy belated birthday - sorry we missed that one.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [31 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

1CardCreator said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! ~Diane

Meg said...

I want an Olivia, too! I think she should be the patron saint of every crafter. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails