Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, December 6, 2010

A Shooting Star

Hi Everyone!

How was your weekend? Are you all decorated for the holidays? I have to say I'm good in that area.  I was overwhelmed a one point, then I decided to only put up 2 trees instead of 3.  When my mom passed away 5 years ago, I brought all the ornaments from their tree to my house (My dad just has a small, pre-decorated one now.) and I started having another tree.  Then it hit me.  Why do I HAVE to have 3? Like that is some kind of norm.

So, I fit all of their decorations on the tree with ours and then I have a themed white & gold tree in my decoration living room. Which no one sits in except Christmas and Easter...lol. I'm very happy that I'm back to only 2.

Now, on to my card that has nothing to do with trees!

This uses one of the new releases from DRS Designs.  Last week on my card here, I used this Shooting Star stamp, but only the flourishes for the background. I loved how that looked, but I also felt that this cute star needed to be the center of attention. Hence, this card.


I used the Starry Background stamp to create that paper behind,  and the other piece was embossed with swirls to match the tail of the star. The sentiment is named A Special Wish Star Filled Greeting.

Here is a close up.  I stamped it on the main piece and then again on a piece of yellow paper.  I cut it out, covered it in glitter and popped it up so that it was off set.


Be sure to visit DRS Designs to see all of the newly released Christmas stamps.

Thanks for the visit!

Challenges this card is linked to are as follows-
Stamp Man-Christmas & 3 colors (Yellow, white and purple for me)
Dutch Dare-Christmas
Creative Belli- R is for Rhinestones
Iris's Spot-Holidays
Kort O Mania-Chirstmas
Secret Crafter-Christmas
2 Sisters Challenge-Sparkly Christmas

Details not listed above-Ink: Stampin' Up!, Paper: Bazzill, gems from my supplies.

21 comments:

Karin said...

Hello Karin,
This is a wonderful card.
The little detail of the glitter star makes it complete.
And, Karin, I think you will have a lot of work when Christmas is over. Two trees where you have to put the decoration away.
But in the meantime, enjoye your lovely trees. I look forward to see some pictures of it.
Greetings,
Karin

Samantha said...

Those two designs go together perfectly and this card is wonderful! I love your layers and the offset star!

Dragonlady said...

Hi karin

Hope you are well. What a totally gorgeous card, love the sentiment.

Hugs Ali x

1CardCreator said...

Pretty card Karin, I love how you popped up the star, looks fabulous! ~Diane

pinky said...

Thats a gorgeous card karin, a great design if you wanted to do lots of the one kind:) Got my trees up two, I used to have 3 but cut back to two this year as well lol. Must be getting older. We are knee deep in snow today:(
Pinky

downrightcrafty said...

what a gorgeous creation with a super image thanks for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

TannyP said...

Where's the pictures of your trees?! =) LOL

Love this card - such a fabulous job of combining the stamps for backgrounds & main images...you're a master of the digi, my sweet friend! (I can't wait for my new Verve - I ordered on Saturday!)

Pattie G said...

What a pretty creation! Thanks for joining us this week at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
hugs ♥

Emily Leiphart said...

Karin, this is beautiful! I love the monochromatic colours and sparkly star.

Michele Spera said...

beautiful star image with the flourish, lovely job on this. Thank you for joining us at Sundays with crissy this week
XMicheleX

Iris said...

Oh I love the dimensional star! And the glitter too! Live those colors!

Thanks for joining us at Iris's Spot!

Iris

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I love your sparkly shooting star...sooo pretty!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

I love this, the colors, the glittery star, everything about this is great.

Suzi Mac said...

Hi Karin, this is gorgeous, I love the sentiment and the way you've used the star. Fantastic creation. Thank you for joining us at Fairy Fun Friday this week in our use a star challenge.
Hugs
Suzi x

Jennifer E. said...

What a neat card! I love the layout and the simple twist on the star!

Lynne said...

Oh Karin this is beautiful - so elegant - I love it!! thanks for sharing it with us at Fairy Fun Friday xx Lynne and the FFF Team xx

Jodi said...

Beautiful card and sentiment!! I love the star!!
Thanks for joining us at Sunday's With Crissy!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Brenda Brown said...

A fabulous card Karin, I love the star and sentiment.
Thanks for sharing it with us at The Stamp Man this week.
luv {brenda} xoxox

Kelly said...

I love the double layered star on your card! Thanks for joining us at FFF, we look forward to seeing your future creations.

Linda S. L said...

love your card, so pretty :D
thanks for playing at kort o mania!
hugs linda s l

Sandra DeFalco said...

great job, thanks for playing at Iris's Spot!

Related Posts with Thumbnails