Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Friday, December 10, 2010

A Little Encouragement

Hi Everyone,

I have a few things to share today.  First off, I want to thank you all for voting for my card in the first ever Amber Ink Holiday Blog hop.  My card came in 3rd and I won a prize! Yay :)  You can check out this post to see what all three of the girls won and check out the prize winning cards.  They are fantabulous!

The next exciting thing I have to share is, being one of the three winners,  I get to award a prize to you, a random commenter on my blog from the Tuesday hop!

The winner of a $10.00 gift certificate to the Amber Ink store is...

Result: #13


(If anyone knows how to get the random number thingy to copy and paste let me know. I have yet to figure that out.)


Woo hoo...Email me at karinwithani@att.net  with your email and I will make sure to get your info to the powers that be, so that you get your prize!

Now, on to number 3 on the blogging list...

Here is my little piece of encouragement to get you to enter the Amber Inkredible 21 Day Challenge this month.

The challenge is to make a wrap, bag, box...whatever!  Good one for this time of year when you are wrapping and bagging anyway, right?

There is an awesome prize for the winner.  Trust me, I won last month.  If I can, anyone can. But, you can't win if you don't enter ;)

I used a piece of iPaper called Spin Pin to decorate my little pencil box.  I chose to make it to fit four pencils, because those were the ones that matched the paper...

I also decided to make a cover for my little day planner that I use to jot down quick notes and ideas.  I know most people are keeping a digital calender of some sort now days, but I always like a paper back up too. 

Here is the boring, generic before...


And the bright, happy after...


I love the colors on these little items, so I'm making duplicates as part of a stocking stuffer gift...Those little planners are only a buck at the dollar store!

Play along at the Amber Inkredible 21 Day Challenge

Finally my last bit today is, stop by the Amber Ink Blog and play along with Aloha Friday for fun!

Have a great day...

Other challenges this project is linked to are as follows-
Card Makin Mamas-Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz-Christmas Gift
Craft Your Passion-Anything Goes
Crafty Pad-Anything Goes
Creative Card Crew-Anything Goes
Fussy and Fancy-Anything but a Card
Details not listed above-Paper:The Paper Company, Punch: Martha Stewart, ribbon from my supplies.

18 comments:

Debbie said...

Aww fabulous gift set and so cheerful too. :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)
Don't forget to be eligible for the prize draw you need to display our 100th badge on your blog, leave a comment to guess the amount. Only one entry per person ;)
Pop over to the other DT blogs and join in with their mini challenges too. :)
Debbie The Crafty Pad

Pam said...

Ahhh Karin! If the Ambassador of Awesomeness title were available, It'd be yours because you are Awe to the some! Your gift wrap is so smart. Maybe I could even do that! Ya think? (And if you win the InKredible challenge again - why we wouldn't mind a bit!)

Karin said...

Hello Karin,
Congratulation with your price.
And those two desk items you made are so nice.
I wish you a perfect day,
Karin

Cheryl said...

Congrats on your win!

I love your gift set. Very pretty papers.


I'll email you with the random number generator thingy. :)

Gina Lindsay said...

Congrats to you!!

This set is adorable, I know I would love to find something like this in my stocking. that paper is great too!

Fiona said...

this is a fab gift set...thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Gloria Stengel said...

I love that pencil box! Fantastic idea! Wow colors! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes!

PS I have a friend who spells her name Karin...but pronounces it... Car-in.

pinky said...

Well done on coming in 3rd Karin, your card was lovely. I love this little set too, one of my fav amberink papers. I am totally against the voting system which is why I am never fussy on joining the challenge:( I had to ask my daughter and a friend to vote for me the last time just so I wouldn't be left with no votes!

Emily Leiphart said...

These are beautiful gifts, Karin! I love the colours and they'll surely brighten someone's day.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [11 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Lorraine said...

Ooooh, love that pencil box. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Really pretty & a fab idea, love it!!
Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck! Hugs Shell xx

Stephanie said...

Great altered items. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

GiuliaG. said...

Great gift idea. Thanks for playing along at Charisma this week.

Gorse Auto Detailing said...

Oh My Goodness! That iPaper matches the inside of my purse! You KNOW I'm going to be copying THIS idea! (-:

TannyP said...

You did such an awesome job, Karin! Love those colors =)

Gem said...

beautiful creations Karin! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Charisma! Gemma :)

Agnieszka M said...

Fab set. i love your design.
Thanks for joining us at CCC this time, and good luck!
Hugs
Agnieszka

Related Posts with Thumbnails