Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another Challenge

Well, I did a second challenge this week. This was a Clean and Simple challenge over at SCS, with the inspiration coming from Anthropologie Shoes and Bags. These shoes were my choice and the following is my card. I have to say I like this card SOOOO much better than the previous one. I am over the moon with how well it fits the inspiration piece, not to mention being very "clean and simple." The cream and black color scheme is so crisp, and the brown bow is an awesome surprise. I brought in the dots on the shoe, by punching out the scallops on the border I punch I used. Then to finish it off, I rounded all the corners of the card to mimic the round toe of the inspiration shoes.



A complete success in my book! What's even better? I already know who is getting this card...





I always say purses and shoes are my favorite things to buy, because no matter how fat you feel...you are always the same size in them!

Card Details- Stamps: Inkadinkado, Rubber Stampede, Punch: Martha Stewart, Paper: JoAnn's, Ribbon: my stash of stuff

3 comments:

TannyP said...

Cream & Black is always such an elegant combination - this worked perfectly! The card is spectacular and you're exactly right in your thinking - shes & purses are the BEST!
I adore those inspiration shoes....
Thanks for stopping in today and your kind words!

Michelle Forrest said...

absolutely adorable. Love the cream and black!

Jacquel said...

Love your card and the colors...tfs!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails