Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Summer Time Thank You

I adore patterned papers...I think they really "make" a project what it is, but I struggle to use them effectively on a consistent basis. It's probably because my papers are always a mish mash of things I have bought here and there on sale, and it would be much easier for matching purposes if the paper and ink came from the same company. Maybe someday I won't be so cheap and will try that! LOL!



These papers were on clearance at JoAnn's and the ribbon and button came from my stash of stuff. (Most of my buttons come from a big jar that my grandma...Oma in German...had collected a LONG time ago!) The image is from Hero Arts and it is colored in with chalk from Stampin Up. If you scroll down to the next picture, here you can see I used the Nesties for layering the image and then popped it up for a little extra oomph!

I must confess, I am playing around with my camera too, and I wanted to see how the pictures posted here once I re sized them. Gosh, there is so much to learn. I am WAY behind the times...the way I see it, I'm at about 1998-2000 right about now!


2 comments:

Mary G. said...

Karin, this is beautiful!!! So bright and cheery and I love all the dimension!

I left something for you over on my blog!
www.mystampinhide-away.blogspot.com

TannyP said...

Great card, Karin! How do you get your chalks to stay on?

I think I'm right there with you - I'm about '99!

Related Posts with Thumbnails