Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, August 31, 2009

Halloween Cuties

Hello all...



It seems like everyone is in an Autumn like mood since it's pretty much back to school time. I actually saw a house that had started putting up Halloween decorations last week! Gimme a break, it's still August! Sheesh!




Well, in honor of those crazies, I mean, very enthusiastic people, here are a couple of Halloween cards for your viewing pleasure.





I used this paper called Core'dinations for the the embossed (and debossed in the case of the second card) background. The cool thing about this paper is, the core of it is a coordinating color, so it really shows up when it's distressed. (I used a sanding block.)

I used my Crop-o-dial to make the holes in the corners of both of these cards, sort of a faux brad look I guess. I do this occasionally because I know there will be no lumps or bumps from brads, and that makes them easy to mail.







Don't ya just love that little cutie pie ghost?? Thanks for the visit today!


Details- Stamps: Hero Arts, Katie & Co, Ink: Stampin Up, Nestibilities, Cuttlebug, Ribbon from my stuff.



3 comments:

TannyP said...

What a great idea! I love your faux brads =)

Those cards are both so great - the two rounded corners is such a nice addition - a real visual treat! Great job, Karin!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love these precious Halloween cards with the fabulous embossed and sanded backgrounds!! Wonderful ribbon and Nestability layering!!
Beautiful work, Karin!!

Deb Neerman said...

Faux brads?!? What a clever and practical idea; tfs!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails