Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mojo Monday on Tuesday

Hi ! Today I have another try at a Mojo Monday sketch challenge. I'm not sure how I feel about these challenges yet. Do I like being told what kind of layout to use? Maybe... it does get you out of a stamping rut. Sometimes I don't like the end result, and think if I was doing it on my own, I might like it better. I guess I am kinda lukewarm about this one...(should I even post it then??? Should I make another??? I can't, I have a life with other stuff to do! AAAhhhh!) LOL!




Anyhow, here is the sketch... This is my card...I think it needs a sentiment, but since I'm not sure what I want to do with it I'll leave it blank until I need a thank you or thinking of you card. If you scroll down, there is a close up shot.





The flower was colored in with a watercolor brush and an ink pad...there is also a rhinestone in the center. I also used some brownish pastel chalks on the image and square behind it...I was trying to make them look tea stained to match the patterned paper. I am warming up to it, a mild success I suppose.





Have a good day and see ya tomorrow!


P.S. Stamp: Hero Arts, Paper:Paper Adventures, Ink: Stazon-Timber Brown, Stampin Up-Regal Rose and Pretty in Pink, Chalk: Stampin Up-Close to Coco




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails