Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Your Next Stamp 1st Design Team

These are my submissions for the "Your Next Stamp" design team...They asked specifically for images that were colored in, so these two cards use different mediums for the coloring process. This first card, with cute animal images from Hero Arts, was colored in using Bic Mark-Its permanent markers. I love that this gives the images a nice, bold color that is very even. The only other coloring medium I used on this card, were pastels or chalk from Stampin Up. I used a small, subtle amount to shade the ground area around the bottom of the images. I felt that it gave the darling animal scene a little bit of depth. Now, on to the next one... This teacher thank you card was made with a retired stamp from Stampin Up. I used woodless colored pencils from Koh-H-Noor and a blender pen to shade this sweet bucket of apples. This technique of using a blender pen to soften the colors first put down, gives a realistic look to the image. See how I used two colors on the apples to make them look like the Macintosh variety? I also used a black and a grey on the bucket and blended those as well. I adore these colored pencils for their excellent laydown and blending properties. I encourage you to stamp out a couple of images from the same stamp, and then color them in using two or three different mediums...You will get such different looks and great versatility out of a stamp that you thought could only be used in one way! If you are part of the Your Next Stamp selection committee and want to see more of my coloring, (or you just want to see more coloring :) ) click on Cupcakes or Sunflowers under "Find an Item" on the side. Thanks for spending a small part of your day with me...


Mmmm...makes me think of fall, pie, turnovers, crisp, carmel dipped ones...ahhh!







No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails