Welcome!

My name, Karin, was pretty common when I was growing up...just not the spelling. Unless you are of German heritage like I am. So, I have spent my entire life answering the question, "What is your name"?... With, "Karin...with an "i"! Who knew it would come in handy all these years later when I went to name my blog.

Friday, August 21, 2009

My Very Own Tea Box

Hi all!

I was So excited when I came up with this idea of making a tea box to hold the Celestial Seasoning tea packets...I came up with the dimensions myself (Woo Hoo!) and decorated the box. Isn't it cute??!

I know it's not fancy, but I really liked the simplicity and gift giving/craft fair potential. Then it hit me, and I realized Stampin Up sells a die for the Big Shot that makes a box that looks like this! (Called Box #2) So much for my original idea! Oh well, I still like it. I am not sure exactly how large the Box #2 ends up being when assembled, but mine is made from a 12x12 piece of card stock. The approximate finished dimensions are 5 1/2 L. by 2 1/2 w., by 3 1/4 H.

Here it is with the tea bags inside. If you would be interested in a tutorial, leave me a comment and I will try and make one if there is enough interest. (That would be another first for me!)


Once again, thanks for visiting and for all the kind words from everyone. Have a great weekend!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a fantastic idea. TFS!

TannyP said...

LOL! Well you created it yourself, so be proud!! Great work - I think it's fabulous!

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous Karin!! Well done!

Jacquel said...

I think it's great! I always have trouble making boxes so I'm in awe of this...tfs!!!

Silli said...

Hello Karin, your Teabox is beautiful. I love the papers and the colors... Many thanks for this great inspiration! Hugs and happy weekend! Silke

Related Posts with Thumbnails